Old 16-09-2003, 06:33 AM
Dave Bell

Default Pond lighting

I just ran across an ad for a nice-looking submersible spotlight, from
Harbor Freight Tools. Seems particularly good for someone who needs just
one or a few "highlights".

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/disp...emnumber=47604

Dave

Old 23-09-2003, 06:12 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Cool. Any idea how much it would cost, seems the website doesn't say? ~ jan

I just ran across an ad for a nice-looking submersible spotlight, from
Harbor Freight Tools. Seems particularly good for someone who needs just
one or a few "highlights".

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/disp...emnumber=47604

Dave

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website
Old 10-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Phillip K. Duncan

Try Christmas lights in a tube ! I linked three strings and sealed the
contacts with aquarium sealer, then wedged the 30 ft. string under my edging
rocks. Looks great and has held up for three years.

Phil

--

_

Old 10-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Gareee©

"Phillip K. Duncan" wrote in message
Try Christmas lights in a tube ! I linked three strings and sealed the
contacts with aquarium sealer, then wedged the 30 ft. string under my

edging
rocks. Looks great and has held up for three years.

Phil

Did the same thing with excellent results.

We also did a VERY small pond (like 5-10 gallons) with one of those larger
tupperware like boxes. We ran the lighting several times around the outside,
and then covered that with duct tape. We sank the whole thing in the ground,
and then added the edging rocks (and a few smaller ones inside the "pond"
for effect. we added a few small floodlights around the pond for the flowers
around it, and our pond was lit at night, because those tubs are
translucent! (and you can get the lights in lots of colors, even color
changing now as well!!

Gareee©
Homepage:
http://www.fortunecity.com/tattooine.../mainframe.htm
Custom Figures, Wallpapers and more!

Old 11-10-2003, 01:22 AM
John Burton

That sounds WAY interesting! Think of the cool lighting effects one could
create this way!!!

Got pictures or examples or some other way to see exactly what you did? I'd
like to do something like this..

Thanks, Phillip...

--==jb==--

--

john burton
Bach 50B3
Bass Trombone, Charleston NeoPhonic Orchestra
South Charleston, West Virginia

[...]

Lighting Question -length and interrupted lighting JHudson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 13-12-2003 06:32 AM
pond lighting Barry Ponds 1 10-09-2003 11:30 PM
pond lighting Karen Mullen Ponds 3 26-08-2003 05:43 AM
Pond Lighting joe Ponds 13 22-08-2003 06:09 AM
Lighting in Koi Pond questions Carl Beyer Ponds 5 11-04-2003 08:08 PM