Old 29-08-2003, 10:12 PM
DaBear

Default Size matters......

Ok, So a few weeks ago I get a call from my Dad, it seems he has finally
gave in and put in a pond. A small preform, but hey it's a start......
I took him a few spare plants ( pulled some out of the compost heap where
I'd thrown them not 5 minutes before )
I poked fun at his puddle, and he said it was big enough for him and my
step mom.
Last night he called again..........
Needs more plants for the new and improved, much larger pond.
I told him when he first thought of putting in a pond that he should think
bigger than 100 gallons, but do parents listen to their kids? Nooooo, they
have to learn from their mistakes....
BTW Dad's 73 this year, dug the hole for the new pond by hand. I asked if he
was trying have a heart attack. His answer was great " Well, I'll have the
hole already dug so when I fall you can just throw the dirt back in over me"
uhhh yeah, and waste a perfectly good liner?

Bear

Old 31-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

How big is the new pond?

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley

Old 31-08-2003, 10:22 PM
FBCS

Good for him! LOL Can he come finish digging my pond? I sune can't find any
young men willing to do some hard work. So i'm still plugging away. Joann

Old 01-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Denise

Oh yeah, size does matter :-)

I like your dad's sense of humor, Bear!!

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc