Old 12-09-2003, 04:32 AM
Joel

Default Pea Soup - Resolved

Well, after battleing with a pea soup pond for most of the summer, I
finally desided to try the U.V. Light filter, I happen to get an end of
season special, $60.00 off and bought an 8watt system.

after 4 days my pond water was clear.

I HAVE FISH in my pond.

Joel.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:14 AM
K30a

Joel wrote I HAVE FISH in my pond.

chortle!

k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 12-09-2003, 05:15 AM
K30a

Old 12-09-2003, 01:22 PM
rtk

I did the same thing and not only got clear water, but my severe allergy
to the water disappeared somewhere in that u v filter. I can also stick
my arm in my sal****er tank, but my turtles home cesspool is still out
to get me. I would like to put little teeny u v filters on that tank
plus my other freshwater tanks. It really does work magic.

Ruth Kazez

Old 12-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Those that have resisted and finally "cave in" usually end up kicking their
own butts for being so stubborn G! They work, they really do. Not everyone
has the goal of crystal clear water, or they prefer to use alternative
methods. But a UV can be a real "gift", yes indeedy! I'm happy you like the
results.

Lee

Old 12-09-2003, 04:14 PM
Bud Snavely

I keep looking for a good deal on a UV Light Filter and have found
nothing at a great or even good price. I'm looking for a 15 watt
or higher light (1000 Gal Pond), I'm about ready to bite the
bullet and get a Pondmaster submersible for about $160, anyone got
anything better or more reasonable?

Thanks

Old 12-09-2003, 07:13 PM
Chad

I bought a 15 watt Aqua UV Advantage (Out of Pond) UV for around $100
shipped to my door. It worked overnight on my 1250 gallon full sun
pond early in the season. I liked it so much I bought a second that I
used for part of this season when the slight green water bugged me. I
really enjoy having clear water in full sun.... In addition, the UV
kill most parasites in the water when I run them in dual. That will
help me feel a bunch better during the winter.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Montanan

"Bud Snavely" wrote in message ...
I keep looking for a good deal on a UV Light Filter and have found
nothing at a great or even good price. I'm looking for a 15 watt
or higher light (1000 Gal Pond), I'm about ready to bite the
bullet and get a Pondmaster submersible for about $160, anyone got
anything better or more reasonable?

Thanks

I will be selling my UV filter next week. I have new, larger setup
coming and will not need my UV filter anymore.

If anyone interested, it definately cleared my water in less than a
week. Chemicals etc.. do not work half as good.
Manufacturer:
Cyprio
Cyprio's new Ultra-Violet Clarifier features a single ended UV ?
in-built Turbulator and multi directional inlet/outlet. The benefits
include high efficiency through high light emission and long life. The
flow of the water through the UVC created by the product design
increases efficiency by even exposure of the water close to the UV
light. It also removes air-locks. The quartz sleeve allows 87% of the
UV rays to pass through it and penetrate the water where it can work
on algae. This is far higher than other materials used. Cleaning and
sealing is simple with ony one open end to the tube.
Size:
Ponds to 500 gal. 350 gph

prolly sell for around $29 or so.
Old 13-09-2003, 04:32 PM

get one you can afford even if small. it will work just fine, maybe take a day or
two longer to clear the water. Ingrid

"Bud Snavely" wrote:

I keep looking for a good deal on a UV Light Filter and have found
nothing at a great or even good price. I'm looking for a 15 watt
or higher light (1000 Gal Pond), I'm about ready to bite the
bullet and get a Pondmaster submersible for about $160, anyone got
anything better or more reasonable?

Thanks

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

pea soup [email protected] Ponds 0 26-03-2004 12:10 AM
pea soup [email protected] Ponds 0 26-03-2004 12:10 AM
Pea Soup - Resolved Joel Ponds 0 12-09-2003 04:28 AM
Pea Soup Superkitt Ponds (alternative) 3 15-08-2003 01:43 AM
Pea Soup and I'm not talking about food. Superkitt Ponds 3 06-08-2003 08:02 PM