Old 12-09-2003, 04:54 AM
Cybe R. Wizard

Default Younger daughter says I am a terrorist

It all started when my mom's car died. My despicable BIL decided that
he could fix it and changed the alternator, found that it still wouldn't
start, and threw up his hands in defeat. "Great," says I, "now I get to
fix both the car and whatever goof-ups he has created.
Day before yesterday I worked on mom's car. Some of you may know that
last year we moved to a newly built house just down the street from our
old one which we kept, fixed up, and had Mom move into. My two ponds
are at her house. While fixing the car I noticed that the rear pond was
a bit low and began filling it.
(can you see the ending yet?)
Sure enough, I let the danged water run overnight. Yesterday morning, a
/great/ morning otherwise, I found my 5- eight year old- 18 inch koi all
dead along with about a hundred goldfish from 1 inch to over 8 inches.
I'm heartbroken, of course. Yesterday I was devastated, began crying
several times while cleaning up my scene of destruction. First time in
longer than I can remember.
Younger daughter says I'm a terrorist because I killed the entire
population with a chemical weapon of mass destruction, tap water.
I just had to laugh, even though I am still crying inside.
Having been responsible for more than my share of death I am considering
filling in both ponds and putting in a flower garden.

Cybe R. Wizard
--
Unofficial "Wizard of Odds," A.H.P.
Original PORG "Water Wizard," R.P.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:14 AM
jammer

Oh...i'm so sorry. Don't think i don't understand. I ran over my cat a
few weeks ago. 16 yr old darling Mainecoon. It destroyed me. She was
my baby.

My healing and understanding thoughts are with you.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:15 AM
K30a

Oh, Cybe, I'm so sorry.
And you too, Jammer.
I can't tell you how much the
labrador girls have helped me
get through my health woes.
Rosie, our stress barometer, brings
me socks when the times get rough.
We gauge our stress by the number
of socks she brings us. Her record is
five socks and a dryer sheet.
k30a
and the watergardening labradors
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 12-09-2003, 05:15 AM
K30a

Old 12-09-2003, 05:34 AM
dkat

So deeply sorry for your pain and the trauma. I hope you are not serious
about filling the pond in. It won't make you feel any better IMO. I lost
all of my koi and most of my goldfish to raccoons a few years ago (used a
kiddie pool as a temp pool while I dug out the old one). I swore I would
never get koi again and lived with just the survivors for at least the rest
of that year. Then the next year I saw a 2 gorgeous 3" butterfly koi I
could not resist, followed by a couple of fancy goldfish the year after. I
don't give them names anymore (that's a lie... moonbeam, sunlight, ...) but
I still enjoy their beauty. DK

news:20030911170401.17c9431e.cyber_wizard@mindspri ng.com...

Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Theo van Daele

Horrible story Cybe, what a nightmare Such a small mistake, such a harsh
result.

Hope you bounce back on your feet soon.

Can relate to the idea of filling the ponds in, but give it a few
weeks/months and see how you think then eh ?

Theo

"Cybe R. Wizard" schreef in bericht

Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Theo van Daele

I ran over my cat a
few weeks ago. 16 yr old darling Mainecoon. It destroyed me. She was
my baby.

Oh dear :-( I was reading rec.ponds to put my mind off our missing cat ...
(a Coon as well as you may know, gone 3 days now, wife is about to leave on
a holiday trip and is worried stiff)

Guess it's not working.

Think I'll stay in bed today, pillow over head, trying to think rosey
thoughts.

Sorry to hear about your cat jammer, that is a real heartbreaker.

Theo

Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Karen Mullen

In article , jammer
writes:

I ran over my cat a
few weeks ago. 16 yr old darling Mainecoon. It destroyed me.

Oh Jammer, I understand, I did the same thing. Kitty kitty always moved when I
came in the drive, except this time and I ran over him. Vet says it was when
he got up and ran that did him in, tore everything up inside.. I cried for
weeks.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 12-09-2003, 06:18 AM
Karen Mullen

In article om, "Cybe R.
Wizard" writes:

Having been responsible for more than my share of death I am considering
filling in both ponds and putting in a flower garden.

Don't do it!!. The same thing happened here last summer. I was in Florida
with my ill father and my daughter overfilled the pond - 3 days worth of water
- and I lost a real beautiful koi and all my original fish I put in the pond to
cycle it back in Houston. I moved all 30 of these fish from Houston to Ohio
without any problems and they overwintered just fine. Now they are in heaven
and I started over. Although, I did have about 5 fish survive... I don't know
how along with several babies I picked up the pieces and moved on (although I
do get weepy thinking of my buddies and I wasn't here to help).

Old 12-09-2003, 06:19 AM
Theo van Daele

Horrible story Cybe, what a nightmare Such a small mistake, such a harsh
result.

Hope you bounce back on your feet soon.

Can relate to the idea of filling the ponds in, but give it a few
weeks/months and see how you think then eh ?

Theo

"Cybe R. Wizard" schreef in bericht
news:20030911170401.17c9431e.cyber_wizard@mindspri ng.com...
(can you see the ending yet?)

Look At "Me's" cross-posting and KNOW he is THE Terrorist, Joe Jared Body Snatcher Ponds 2 21-06-2005 02:48 AM
OT First daughter Jim and Phyllis Hurley Ponds 5 19-07-2004 05:09 PM
OT First daughter PlainBill Ponds 2 14-07-2004 03:07 PM
birthmother looking for daughter!!!!!!!! Jan Hillman Lawns 0 14-02-2004 03:07 PM
[IBC] Daughter's visit with her family [Was: [IBC] Atom Bomb and Masaru Yamakis Bonsai] Chris Cochrane Bonsai 0 06-06-2003 09:20 PM