Old 27-09-2003, 06:22 PM
john

Default DUCKWEED.

Hello America,
I,m mailing from Wales\UK.Enjoy reading your posts immensly,perhaps
you may have an answer to my small but quite annoying prblem.I have a
14ftx35ft pond holding 4000gals.My problem is DUCKWEED,any suggestions
on how I might be rid of the stuff without emptying my pond?
Many Thanks,
John Marsh.
Old 27-09-2003, 06:32 PM
K30a

Hello across the pond ;-)

My koi eat up all the duckweed they can
get their fins on.
The stuff grows at an amazing rate. In
the winter it will sink down, hang out and show
up again in the spring
Another suggestion is to net it out, you'll never
catch it all but you *might* keep a head of it.

k30a

Old 27-09-2003, 07:02 PM
LynDel

Gee, and I spent a week in a panic, trying to FIND duckweed!! Too bad
you're too far away. My goldfish ate what I had faster than expected,
and I needed more to tide them over while I went out of town.

All I can suggest is to scoop out as much as you can. Do you have fish
that will eat it? I know my goldfish love it, and I understand koi do
also.

Phyllis

Old 28-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Ron Lawrence

how I might be rid of the stuff without emptying my pond?

FISH, I can't keep any duck weed in my pond because the fish
eat it.

Ron in NC

--
C.R."Ron"Lawrence
Antique Radio Collector & Historian

POBox 3015
Matthews, NC 28106-3015
704-289-1166 (home)

Personal Web Page,
http://www.ronlawrence.homestead.com
Radio Collection Web Page,
http://www.radioheaven.homestead.com
CC-AWA Web Page,
http://www.cc-awa.org

Old 28-09-2003, 02:12 AM
Anne Lurie

John,

I was not able to determine whether Ducks Unlimited http://www.ducks.org
has a group in Wales, but you might see if there are any duckhunters in your
area (after all, I think the plant is called duckweed for a good reason).

Anne Lurie
Raleigh, NC
USA

om...

Old 28-09-2003, 02:25 AM
dkat

I'm assuming you don't have fish of any size since I don't know of anyone
with fish that can keep duckweed in a pond that has koi or grown goldfish
(the only reason I have any duckweed at all is that it seems to outgrow the
appetite of the 3 fancy guppies that I have in the patio water garden. If
you don't have fish would you consider getting some? If you don't want
fish, you might put up a sign in any store that sells pond equipment (or a
pet store with fish) that you have free duckweed for the taking. DK

Old 28-09-2003, 04:32 AM
news.wirelessfrontier.net

send it all to me! my goldfish eat it.
mad
--
Money doesn't bring you happiness,
but it enables you to look for it in more places.

Old 28-09-2003, 04:32 AM
mad

i asked first! LOLOL
mad
--
The word "bipartisan" usually means some larger-than-usual
deception is being carried out.

Old 28-09-2003, 04:35 AM
mad

i asked first! LOLOL