Old 29-09-2003, 04:34 PM
Sam Hopkins

Default OT Amazing

Amazing

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in what
oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist
and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you
can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not
raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

amzanig huh?

Old 29-09-2003, 05:12 PM
K30a

Yup, especially when my daughter read it and
didn't spot what was *wrong* with it.

k30a

Old 01-10-2003, 04:47 AM
Heather

Interesting. I know when my boys were in grade 1 and 2 they were taught to
read by the shape of the word. I thought it was very strange. They did not
learn how to sound out words. And to this day their spelling is atrocious.
It really got me when I would correct their spelling and they would say "But
it's history, we don't get marked on spelling." Grrr...

Old 01-10-2003, 05:11 AM
K30a

Yes, this same daughter was also taught
guess and go spelling...
I spent a lot of money on a spelling boot
camp. All I can say is thank goodness for
computers and spell check, even though it
starts to smoke at its 'ears' once in a while.

k30a

Identify this Schomburgkia and win a colossal amazing super duper once-in-a-lifetime incredible Mick Fournier Orchids 15 15-05-2003 03:20 AM
Congrats rec.ponds. Amazing newsgroup. Hats off. Theo van Daele Ponds 31 07-05-2003 10:44 AM
amazing recovery Ted Byers Orchids 2 21-03-2003 12:56 PM
Amazing shop Steve Harris United Kingdom 0 23-01-2003 02:25 AM
Caterpillars are amazing! Chris United Kingdom 7 08-12-2002 09:27 PM