Old 05-10-2003, 10:12 PM
larryw591

Default Opinion on a Pump/Filter Combo

I want to improve the pump and filtering system of my 3500 gallon pond. I
have been looking at the Aquabead system. My current system calls for me to
remove a couple of charcoal bags and rinse them several times a week. With
the Aquabead system the pump and everything is above ground and all you need
to do is back flush. If anyone has any experience with this please
advise...Thank you

Larry A. Willrath

Old 06-10-2003, 01:32 AM
RichToyBox

I have two bead filters, with a vortex separator in front and an upflow
gravel filter as a polisher. The bead filters are great in my opinion.
They can be cleaned easily, with the flip of a handle, and that means that
they are more likely to be cleaned than one requiring removal and washing of
pads, or other media. I did not install the vortex until the third year,
but by then the size and quantity of fish caused an increase in larger
debris that was clogging the bead filter to fast and was difficult to
backwash out of the filter due to the size of the debris.
--
RichToyBox

Old 06-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

Larry,

If you could go to a slow veggie filter, you could pull sediment once a
year.

We have upflow barrels with strapping tape to catch most of the big stuff.
The veggie filters on the berm are about 125 gal each and the flow through
them is about 40 minutes. The junk settles mostly in the first veggie
filter. Once a year we drain the 2" muck through the bottom drain of the
vf. Otherwise, no filter attention needed!

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per jogger) at:
www.jogathon.net
See our pond at: http://www.home.bellsouth.net/p/pwp-jameshurley
"larryw591" wrote in message
I want to improve the pump and filtering system of my 3500 gallon pond. I
have been looking at the Aquabead system. My current system calls for me

remove a couple of charcoal bags and rinse them several times a week.

With
the Aquabead system the pump and everything is above ground and all you

need
to do is back flush. If anyone has any experience with this please
advise...Thank you

Larry A. Willrath

Yardworks 18v combo kit [email protected] Lawns 1 20-06-2005 01:03 AM
Uv filter pump combo? Gareee© Ponds 3 30-08-2004 02:13 PM
Uv filter pump combo? Gareee© Ponds 0 29-08-2004 09:17 PM
Mower Scarifier combo Alan United Kingdom 0 09-09-2003 12:29 AM
Combo bulbs Paul Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 14-04-2003 06:20 PM