Old 07-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default Lighting for indoor tanks

I have fish in quarantine: they're in a black tank in a shaded corner of a
covered porch. In other words, it's pretty dark. They're acting lethargic,
but will move around if a flashlight is shown on them. I don't think they're
sick - I think *they* think it's just night-time so they're being quiet. Do
you think adding a light over the tank to simulate "day time" would make
them act more normal? Those of you who overwinter your fish are in a much
better position to answer this than I am.

Thanks!

Lee

Old 09-10-2003, 07:14 PM
Sam Hopkins

Yeah fish get into sync with light just like we do. If you were in the dark
all the time youre biological clock will get all messed up. That's why they
have those "seasonal disorder" lights that people can use if they dont see
real sunlight ever (night job). It puts out full spectrum lighting.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:02 PM
Lee Brouillet

Thanks, Sam. I was kinda thinking that may be the case. I'll see what I can
do about getting them some light.

Lee

.. .