Old 24-10-2003, 09:32 PM
max

Default Water lettuce

We`ve had a splendid covering of water lettuce on our pond for most of the
year,with the good weather it seemed to take over at one point & some was
taken out,however some of the lettuce`s are now turning white & look as if
they may be dieing ?
What should we do with them,will they survive the winter .....? max
ps.
Hi Axolotl.

Old 24-10-2003, 10:42 PM
K30a

Hi Max,

Water lettuce will die in any area of the country
that experiences winter.
My advice is to get them out asap. When they start going they fall apart and
are heck to get out of the water (been there ;-)

k30a, zone 7
Old 25-10-2003, 02:02 AM
axemanchris

Time to put them to good use in the composter. Unfortunately they will not
survive cold temperatures.

Jacqui