Old 05-11-2003, 01:42 PM
Terry Mealy

Default Adopt a Koi in Pittsburgh

I have an attractive 6-7 inch koi that I will give free to a good
home/pond in the Pittsburgh area.

My wife brought him earlier this year and placed him into our aquarium
as a suprise for me without understanding how big the (then) little
fella would get. He (she?) is already getting too large for our
little aquarium, and I would really like to see him in a nice pond
which I am unable to provide for him.

So, I will give him to anyone who can keep him in a pond. I will even
bring him to anyone who lives Allegheny or one of the surrounding
counties.

Despite the fact that I've grown rather fond if him, I don't wish to
see him sicken or die from being in a small aquarium.

He is an attractive specimen - mostly yellow but has wide black
'tiger' stripes that go about half of the way down his sides. His
dorsal ridge is almost completely black, as is his dorsal fin. He is
quite active and seems healthy. He is growing suprisingly fast.

If you are interested or have any questions please contact me via
email at .
Old 05-11-2003, 04:42 PM
k conover

I hope you find a good home for him, and I'm so glad you realize he needs
more space. I had someone from Atlanta Water Gardens come out to look at
my pond to discuss how many fish it should have, and even though it's about
13' x 8' he said it's really too small for koi (goldfish are okay) and that
people don't realize that putting koi in a too small pond is like "raising
your kids on the front porch" and does drastically shorten their life span.
Kirsten
om...

Old 05-11-2003, 05:02 PM
k conover

Oops, my pond measures about 4" x 6" at it's largest point--the 8 x 13 is
the measurement of my pond netting! (the only size I could find)
Kirsten