Old 10-11-2003, 08:02 PM
tom A

Default fish pictures

Hi

I have been reading this group for some time.

and would like to pass along, some info, you may or may not be aware
of....

if you wish to take some pictures of you fish in the ponds do one of
the following:

1. buy an underwater disposable camera less than $10

they work OK but do not take close up pictures, if the fish are too
close the are out of focus :-9

2. make a wooden box with a plexi-glass (or real glass) front. it
does not have to be very large, (the one I made had a 6" square piece
of plexi-glass) only large enough for your camera and your hand. (
make sure you seal the edges of the box and glass so it does not leak
:-)

to use this box sit your camera in the bottom, with the lens against
the glass, then put the box in the pond (it only had to go below the
surface of the water) and point it in the direction of the fish.

if you are using a digital camera, don't worry about looking thru the
view finder, just shoot a bunch of shots and then edit the bad ones.

if you have any questions, send me an E-mail ,and if you want I will
send you some fish pictures I took and a picture of the box I made.
tom A.
Please check my WeB SiTe: www.kinetickites.com
or call me @ 405-722-KITE (5483)
or E-mail @

Old 10-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Chad

2. make a wooden box with a plexi-glass (or real glass) front.

This reminded me... now that it is winter and time for an indoor
project.... I want to make a fish periscope. My ponds get so much plant
cover that it is hard to view the fish. I was thinking of making a
decorative pond periscope to view the fish. Maybe add some bright LED
lighting... has anyone done this or have any experience with this type
of idea?

Old 11-11-2003, 12:12 AM
RichToyBox

A few years ago, one of the dealers that I used to deal with some, told how
to make a fish viewing tube using 4 inch or 6 inch PVC with a piece of
Plexiglas glued to the end. This was then inserted into the water and would
eliminate reflections to give a better view of the fish. I never made one,
so don't know how good it would be. Unless it was left in the water most of
the time, I think the fish would be afraid of the large eye looking at them,
and you wouldn't see them.
--
RichToyBox