Old 17-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Ignad

Default ladybugs

is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live in
central Florida.

Old 17-11-2003, 05:02 PM
John Hines

"Ignad" wrote:

is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live in
central Florida.

You bet. they eat aphids and other bugs.

They are one of the beneficial insects that are sold stuff like this.
Old 17-11-2003, 09:12 PM
Bill

"Ignad" wrote in message .com...
is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live in
central Florida.

Ladybugs do a wonderful job of eating thousands of garden and crop
pests such as aphids, green flies, mealybugs and other scale insects.
One ladybug can eat over 1,000 aphids in one day!
Old 18-11-2003, 12:22 AM
Old Clunker

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
"Ignad" wrote in message

.com...
is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live

in
central Florida.

Ladybugs do a wonderful job of eating thousands of garden and crop
pests such as aphids, green flies, mealybugs and other scale insects.
One ladybug can eat over 1,000 aphids in one day!

Do not be disappointed when after a few days your lady bugs just disappear.
Once they have eaten all the available food they take off for better
foraging.

--
Old Clunker

Old 18-11-2003, 03:12 AM
John Hines

"Old Clunker" wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
. com...
"Ignad" wrote in message

r.com...
is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live

in
central Florida.

Ladybugs do a wonderful job of eating thousands of garden and crop
pests such as aphids, green flies, mealybugs and other scale insects.
One ladybug can eat over 1,000 aphids in one day!

Do not be disappointed when after a few days your lady bugs just disappear.
Once they have eaten all the available food they take off for better
foraging.

http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ent/bi...adybintro.html

Cool little bugs to begin with.

Old 23-11-2003, 05:03 PM
john rutz

Ignad wrote:
is it wise to let a mess of ladybugs loose in a 10x20 greenhouse? I live in
central Florida.

wont hurt anything aand will definitly help if you have aphids

John Rutz

Neem oil and ladybugs JimS. Roses 1 02-06-2003 06:44 AM
What do baby ladybugs look like? GamePlayer No. 1058 Roses 3 27-05-2003 03:44 AM
DONT ever buy ladybugs!! Tomatolord North Carolina 0 17-05-2003 02:08 AM
Ladybugs for Mealie control Gene Schurg Orchids 24 01-04-2003 05:08 PM
funny you should mention that... Ladybugs for Mealie control Prem Subrahmanyam Orchids 1 30-03-2003 04:56 AM