Old 03-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Barry

Default Fresh water sting rays

Some told me last week about a guy in Davie, Fl (?)
who has created a fresh water sting ray. He says they
get about 14" long.
Has anyone seen or know anything about this?

Old 03-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Sam Hopkins

Fresh water sting rays have existed in the trade for a long long time....

Potamotrygon motoro
http://badmanstropicalfish.com/stats...ts_misc4b.html

Sam

ink.net...

Old 03-12-2003, 11:42 PM
Hank

They have been alive and well for centuries in South America. I think
there is another species in Thailand also.

ink.net...

Old 04-12-2003, 12:42 AM
Moontanman

They have been alive and well for centuries in South America. I think
there is another species in Thailand also.

He is probably talking about the species of sting ray that inhabits the east
coast of the US. It will live in warm freshwater or salt and can be slowly
acclumated to pure freshwater. there is even a large spring in florida where
they live and breed in fresh water without ever leaving freshwater. He didn't
create a freshwater sting ray he just found one that could live in either.
remove nospam from e-mail to send to me, I grow trees in aquariums like bonsai.
I breed dwarf crayfish, great for planted community tanks. If you can get me a
shovelnose sturgeon fingerling (Scaphirhynchus platorynchus) no wild caught
please, contact me
Old 04-12-2003, 03:02 AM
KenCo

Hank wrote:

They have been alive and well for centuries in South America. I think
there is another species in Thailand also.

1000's of yrs.

actually, there basicly all over the world
Aust./Asia/SA are primary exporters of FW rays.

problem is sizes, 20-24" is smallest adult, theres
no 14" adult.

ink.net...

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced

Bee sting allergy treatment mogga United Kingdom 0 10-01-2013 09:35 AM
Bee sting allergy Bob Hobden United Kingdom 32 15-07-2008 09:39 PM
The Sting Alge is comming Dude Ponds 8 21-04-2005 03:18 PM
Do dragonflies bite/sting? Charles Ponds 11 11-08-2004 04:09 PM
Chili peppers lose their sting upon drying? Ian Gil Edible Gardening 2 14-07-2003 12:52 AM