Old 05-12-2003, 02:42 PM
Robyn Rhudy

Default Pond nets buried under 9" of snow!

Well, I should have taken the nets off last weekend! Now, there's 9" of
snow and I get my first real day off work in like 6 months! Sure, I've
had a few days when I was dying and a few "holidays" where I cleaned the
house and did work but today I get to play on the internet on a slow
connection and do some reading and tape watching. Too bad my parents
won't stop screaming and cussing!

I spent an hour clearing snow for the chickens, the pond outlets, pond
lighting (another busted under the weight), bench, air pump, de-icers (the
net over them made a blanket and that got covered in sow), heat pumps,
porches, etc. I ripped the net off my 153 gallon pond but don't want to
tear my 1800 gallon net which is brand new!

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Old 12-12-2003, 07:34 PM
stricks760

Hey, I can relate. It got all the way down to 40 degrees here last night.
The furnace in my house came on and everything!

I tell ya, these San Diego winters can be brutal ; )