Old 13-12-2003, 10:02 PM
Bonnie

Default OT - Best fruit cake recipe

The Best Fruit Cake Ever

1 cup butter 1 tsp salt
1 cup sugar Lemon juice
4 large eggs 1 cup brown sugar
1 cup dried fruit 1 cup nuts
1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda
1 or 2 quarts whiskey

Before you start, sample the whiskey for quality. Good,
isn't it? Now, go
ahead. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. Check
the whiskey
again, as it must be just right. To be sure the whiskey is
of the highest
quality, pour one level cup into a glass and drink it as
fast as you can.
Repeat... With an electric mixer, beat one cup of butter in
a large fluffy
bowl. Add 1 tsp of thugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make
sure that the
whiskey is of the highest quality. Dry another tup. Open
second quart if
necessary. Add 2 arge leggs, 2 cups fried druit and beat
until high. If
druit gets buck in steaters, just pry it loose with a
drewscriver. Sample
the whiskey again, checking for tonscicticity. Next, sift 3
cups of salt or
anything, it really doesn't matter. Sample the whiskey. Sift
1/2 pint of
lemon juice. Fold in chopped butter and strained nuts. Add 1
babblespoon of
brown thugar, or whatever color you can find, and wix mell.
Grease oven and
turn cake pan to 350 gredees. Now pour the whole mess into
the coven and
ake. Check the whiskey, again, and bo to ged.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 13-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Ka30P

Check the whiskey, again, and bo to ged.

I'll drink to that!
hick!

ka30p
http://www.geocities.com/watergarden...dors/home.html
Old 14-12-2003, 12:49 AM
D Kat

That was wonderful... and you suckered me in to boot. DK

P.S. on a somewhat related topic... has anyone ever heard of a white fruit
cake? I had one once that was unbelieveably good. It basically tasted like
pound cake with nuts and fruit that did NOT taste like the nasty stuff you
get in the regular one... I'm trying to convince my husband that there
actually can be a "good" fruit cake (other than myself).

Old 14-12-2003, 06:33 PM
john rutz

SLOMLAP !!!!!!! my kind of fruitcake
John Rutz

Old 14-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Barbara2245

"Bonnie" wrote in message
[...]

My mother had this fruit cake receipe that was from an old Mary
Martinson cook book. I tried it when she no longer cooked and found
ovens are much different in cooking times than they were around WWII.
My fruit cake would have made excellent building blocks. Now I settle
for Holiday Bread, a banana bread with chocolate chips, marachino
cherries and walnuts. The liquior on the side.
Old 14-12-2003, 10:03 PM

I LOVE FRUIT CAKE!!!! anybody have one they dont want just ship it to me!!!! I dont
want recipes, I want the finished product. Ingrid

"D Kat" wrote:
It basically tasted like
pound cake with nuts and fruit that did NOT taste like the nasty stuff you
get in the regular one... I'm trying to convince my husband that there
actually can be a "good" fruit cake (other than myself).

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 15-12-2003, 01:29 PM
D Kat

I refuse to believe that you like the stuff they sell in markets or such
these days. I think too highly of you and that would just not fit the
image. So I will imagine you like the kind my Mom used to make that had a
wonderful aroma of rum and that would get you tipsy with just a small piece
(plus had so many calories that you would gain twice the weight of what you
ate...)

"D Kat" wrote:
It basically tasted like
pound cake with nuts and fruit that did NOT taste like the nasty stuff

you
get in the regular one... I'm trying to convince my husband that there
actually can be a "good" fruit cake (other than myself).

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List