GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   FS misc. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/ponds/51945-fs-misc.html)

KenCo 06-02-2004 08:37 PM

FS misc.

located in Warwick R.I.

Divorce sale, I gotta move.
all prices listed are for 1 of each item
cash only, no C.C.'s

this stuff must go, Im still in buss. but cant
take these items w/ me! :(

1/8 HP Dayton (gast?) blower $125.00 good cond.

pickup only on tanks
qty / desc.
25 or so 10 gal tanks, $4 ea
4-5 15 gal $8 ea.
3-4 40 gal breeder $40 ea.
1 30 gal breeder $30 ea.

Rubbermaid stock tanks
1 70 gal $40
2 100 gal $60
1 150 gal $100

http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced ;)

KenCo 06-02-2004 10:06 PM

FS misc.

Nedra wrote:

I feel awfully bad for you Ken.... Terrible injustice if anyone
asks me :(

thanks! :)

her Moms one of the heads of DCYF, I didnt
stand a chance in crooked RI but I do have
multi. complaints against all of them.

Nedra 06-02-2004 10:42 PM

FS misc.

Well, we can hope that you will have Your Day!!
You are one of the most Honest business men I have
ever known. This trait doesn't get turned off and on like a
faucet. I've done business with you and I Know! Really
angers me.

What does DCYF represent?

Nedra

KenCo 06-02-2004 11:34 PM

FS misc.

Nedra wrote:

Well, we can hope that you will have Your Day!!

I am gonna!, but "I cant" talk much about it yet
as its in "out of court litigation" at this time
on the other matters that caused the breakup.

If someone else who knows the story were to post,
then it would be a diff. story.....

You are one of the most Honest business men I have
ever known. This trait doesn't get turned off and on like a
faucet. I've done business with you and I Know! Really
angers me.

aww, shucks :)

What does DCYF represent?

"Dept. of Children Youths and Families"
ya know, the semi nazis w/ Family court
to protect mostly rotten kids lol

Im still in buss., I just cant take all this w/ me.

Nedra

Nedra 07-02-2004 01:08 AM

FS misc.

I'm super-glad that your day will come!

I was afraid it had something to do with Dept. of Children.
Damned ole fools! I hate most women (feminists)
and this is why.

Nedra

Just Me \Koi\ 07-02-2004 03:10 AM

FS misc.

I absolutely feel for you.

Dude, I live in California and went through Divorce! Every year I file my
tax papers, and have to send copies to my ex-wife's attorney!

All I can tell you is this: No matter how bad it looks now, it will
definitely get a whole lot better later!

Hang in there, and protect your BALLS, stay a MAN!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Hal 07-02-2004 06:06 PM

FS misc.

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:29:40 -0500, KenCo wrote:

located in Warwick R.I.

Divorce sale, I gotta move.

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Regards.

Hal

john rutz 07-02-2004 06:42 PM

FS misc.

Nedra wrote:
Well, we can hope that you will have Your Day!!
You are one of the most Honest business men I have
ever known. This trait doesn't get turned off and on like a
faucet. I've done business with you and I Know! Really
angers me.

What does DCYF represent?

Nedra

Linux (SuSE 8.2) user #329121
Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the
sending of this contaminant free message We do concede
that a signicant number of electrons may have been
inconvenienced ;)

I second Nedra Keep us posted on how your doing

John Rutz
PS try SuSE 9.0 youll like it

~ jan JJsPond.us 07-02-2004 09:18 PM

FS misc.

Sorry to hear of your circumstances, Ken. Wish I lived closer to relieve
you of one of those 40 gallon tanks. Keep us posted, we care. ~ jan

[email protected] 08-02-2004 07:19 PM

FS misc.

I am lucky that way, neither my mother or her mother bought into the "women are weak,
stupid, etc." mythology perpetrated by the patriarchy. Maybe cause they came from
strong sound peasant stock. So by the time I came along and was part of the 60's
battle to obtain more equality for women my mother and grandmother were right behind
me encouraging me and not jealous of all the opportunities that were open to me and
not them. Altho my mother was able to finish her masters and become a social worker,
a not completely menial career even tho it was one of the few open to women. But I
really think the greatest advantage I had was their tolerance of others not like
them. As a result I didnt grow up hating "groups" of people who looked, thought or
felt differently from me. Rather, those people became a source that saw the world
thru different eyes and I found that when I got to share that vision, my life was
enriched.
I am proud that I am third generation feminist. We are strong, useful human beings
who stand up for ourselves, for all humanity and can now contribute to society in the
fullest measure according to our abilities and unlimited by the bonds of slavery,
religion, or patriarchy that our foremothers suffered under for millennium. I am so
happy I met and married my soul mate, a second generation feminist and similarly
unfettered by the bonds of being the "master" so he too can pursue all the rich
offerings and interests of life without being fettered by "roles". Our choice of
each other was not out of need, neither economic nor a need to complete an
incomplete, rather two mature and complete individuals who relished and rejoiced in
our differences. As my DH says, life is never boring. Needless to say, Yentl is
one of my favorite movies. Ingrid

"Nedra" wrote:
I was afraid it had something to do with Dept. of Children.
Damned ole fools! I hate most women (feminists)
and this is why.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

[email protected] 10-02-2004 05:05 PM

FS misc.

what in the world is there to dislike about an advocate of the women's rights
movement who's whole purpose is to ensure equal rights for women?
That is like saying you "hate" civil rights cause there are a few whackos out there.
You hate civil rights movement too?
Ingrid

"Nedra" wrote:

Oh Good Grief, Ingrid!! I don't "hate" in the way you mean
"hate".... let's just say that I dislike the feminist movement.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

BenignVanilla 10-02-2004 07:10 PM

FS misc.

wrote in message
what in the world is there to dislike about an advocate of the women's

rights
movement who's whole purpose is to ensure equal rights for women?
That is like saying you "hate" civil rights cause there are a few whackos

out there.
You hate civil rights movement too?

snip

How funny...or irionic I guess. We were just discussing equal rights for
women at lunch. An associate and I were argueing that if women are allowed
to play on the Men's PGA tour, that men should be allowed on the LPGA. You
can imagine the discussion that ensued. And just to be clear, we were
argueing FOR women's rights, and equality, not against.

BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

BTC/TAK on ACK 10-02-2004 07:16 PM

FS misc.

Pardon me for "butting in", but...

I've been hearing for decades sentiments like " I believe in civil rights,
but dislike the feminist movement".

I've come to believe [especially when coming from a woman] it has little to
do with not wanting equal rights, pay, etc. for women, and less to do with
the "movement" than with the word "feminist".

I don't "get" the distinction... but then there are soooo many things I
don't get". Is it the goals, Nedra, or the rhetoric that you dislike?

This "rhetoric" thing is coming up a lot at the moment, as you might
imagine, in my home state, Massachusetts. "Gay marriage" seems to be a
"hot-button" for some folks who, otherwise, are believers in human rights.
I've come to believe it's largely a semantic argument. Personally I think "a
legal union with the same rights and responsibilities as marriage" when I
hear it discussed, and use that terminology when I discuss it... it seems to
"push peoples' buttons" less, and people seem more open to level-headed
discussions.

Occasionally, by using different terms, I've discovered someone I've
thought a "world-class jerk" really isn't... not always the case, of course.

Mila

"Nedra" wrote:

Oh Good Grief, Ingrid!! I don't "hate" in the way you mean
"hate".... let's just say that I dislike the feminist movement.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

Offbreed 10-02-2004 08:32 PM

FS misc.

wrote:

what in the world is there to dislike about an advocate of the women's rights
movement who's whole purpose is to ensure equal rights for women?

It isn't everywhere. It's a lesbian superiority or female superiority
movement in some places, especially colleges.

Double standards are common, and easier to see if you were male. The
old rules that favored women are demanded, and new rules that favor
women are demanded. The word of a woman is accepted over a man's
(domestic abuse cases, especially). Talk to young men about the
problem of actually getting a blood test run to determine paternity,
there's all sort of road blocks, and, if they can show they are not
the father, getting their money back takes a lot longer than losing it
did. Do these things sound like "equal rights"? or "Superior rights"?

Oh, and there's a good series of comics on the subject now running on
"Day-by-day". "Samantha's" problem is by no means unknown, I *know*
several women who have been tapped as the *father* of some child, and
had property seized and paychecks garnisheed, and been unable to get
it straightened out, even when they walked into the relevant offices.

http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/cartoons/02-10-2004.gif

Never mind the gold diggers in California that pull divorce court
robberies. (The average man is a social retard and the average woman
can fool him most of the time, long enough to get married, anyhow.)
It's no wonder men in California are marriage shy. They are afraid
they will end up impoverished the rest of their lives.

Then, you have the socialist activists who are using the movement as a
cover. Consider the National Organization of Women, and it's behavior
whenever a conservative is accused of sexual misconduct. Compare that
with the behavior displayed whenever a "liberal", or exploitable
minority (such as O. J. Simpson) is in the same position. Tammy Bruce,
who was a member of the national board of directors of NOW and the
president of the LA chapter at the time of the OJ Simpson mess was
forced out because she wanted to give OJ the same treatment as anyone
else.

Nedra 10-02-2004 10:39 PM

FS misc.

Ingrid knows Exactly where I stand on this issue. We agreed
to disagree years ago... on this very newsgroup. I'm in
the male's corner!
I'm also a Conservative and she is a Liberal
and never the twain shall meet. :)

Nedra

"joe" wrote in message
Oh, oh. Here we go!