Old 11-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Bryan

Default Pond redesign help wanted

I'm thinking my stream idea last year was Ok, but not the best. I'm thinking
of converting the stream to a small veggie pond. It seems hycenthis? do
very well when not devoured by the fish, and seem to keep the water very
clear! So I'd like some thought/ideas from some of you all on converting my
hill into a small raised pond feed by my 55gal drum.
http://safetybaby.com/yard/Yard8.htm

Bryan

Old 12-02-2004, 02:02 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

You can have the drum, pond and stream! We have 3 kiddie pool filter ponds
fed from a 55 gal drum and running over a waterfall and back via a stream.
Try our pondsite below for visuals. Hyacinths are GREAT for pulling
nutrients. We pull litterally a bushel every week or two in the summer. We
are biased because it works so well.

Enjoy your project. The beauty is that if it totally fails, it does not
cost much and can be redone. We love the pond.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Old 14-02-2004, 11:12 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

In full agreement. The only problem with hyacinths is that they can float
into and clog bulkheads or the top of an overflow into a stream. I keep
mine back with black mesh plastic. Cut to fit the plastic mess trays that
pony paks come on. Others have tied fishing line from one side of the pond
to the other, totally invisible support. ) ~ jan

JD L-Series 2006 redesign Darryl Lawns 5 03-05-2006 04:04 PM
AOS Forum redesign - useless Eric Hunt Orchids 13 02-02-2005 08:22 PM
[IBC] Maple cut back/redesign Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 10-09-2003 04:24 PM
Big tree wanted - quickly... advice wanted even sooner! :-) Distendo United Kingdom 4 31-05-2003 04:45 PM
advice wanted on building 10,000 gal koi pond Dennis Ponds 5 02-04-2003 08:56 AM