Old 17-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Kevin Cutlip

Default Bt/BtI responses

Thanks folks for the replies....Reason for the original post was for ref. of
dead fish in some ponds last summer where the users swore the dunks killed
their fish, but when I checked the outlying facts, i.e., neighbor spraying
trees w/Malathion, or blowing grass clippings into pond after applying weed
& feed, Washed patio furniture 10' away w/bleach etc., but no....It was the
darned mosquito dunks that got blamed....Even a name brand seed/fertilizer
rep said they kill fish...Then again countless others swear by them....

Old 18-02-2004, 03:32 PM

there are a lot of idiots out there that really dont know much about anything but are
very willing to give their expert opinion anyway. usually this kind of
misinformation is given by your LFS.
dunks wont kill fish. A friend is a hydrologist for the DNR dept. of nat. resources
and they use Bt-i to control mosquitos rather than using chemicals precisely because
it is completely safe for vertebrates and even most insects.

Ingrid

"Kevin Cutlip" wrote:

Thanks folks for the replies....Reason for the original post was for ref. of
dead fish in some ponds last summer where the users swore the dunks killed
their fish, but when I checked the outlying facts, i.e., neighbor spraying
trees w/Malathion, or blowing grass clippings into pond after applying weed
& feed, Washed patio furniture 10' away w/bleach etc., but no....It was the
darned mosquito dunks that got blamed....Even a name brand seed/fertilizer
rep said they kill fish...Then again countless others swear by them....

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.

BTI Robert Lorenzini Orchids 2 24-02-2008 04:52 AM
bti in the uk?? lowlife Ponds 1 21-04-2007 08:48 AM
A new and disturbing practice for some Lowes garden centers and responses. (I'd like some feedba McQualude Gardening 0 31-03-2004 05:46 PM
A new and disturbing practice for some Lowes garden centers and responses. (I'd like some feedba McQualude Gardening 0 31-03-2004 05:39 PM
A new and disturbing practice for some Lowes garden centers and responses. (I'd like some feedba Gardñ@Gardñ.info Gardening 0 31-03-2004 12:12 PM