Old 22-02-2004, 10:03 PM
Bill Oertell

Default Feeding

When the fish are being fed, should the pump be turned off? It seems like the
pump would suck out much of the food before the fish could eat it, and at any
rate, it would attract the fish too close to the skimmer once the food got over
near it. The pond in question is about 7 X 10 feet and about 2 1/2 feet deep
with a 3,000 GPH pump.

Old 23-02-2004, 02:40 AM
RichToyBox

I never turn off my pumps. Once in a while the fish allow some of the food
to make it to the skimmer, but not very often. If you feed several feet
away from the skimmer, then the fish should be able to eat all that they
need before it makes it to the skimmer. If food is making it to the
skimmer, cut back on the amount being fed.
--
RichToyBox

Old 23-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Phyllis and Jim Hurley

If you feed away from the skimmer, I suspect your fish will have plenty of
time to get the food. If worse came to worse, you could make a hose ring to
contain the food. That involves a length of hose to be a circle and a dowel
to push into both ends. Floats easily and contains food.

Jim

Check out Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $140+ per child) at: jogathon.net

Tomato feeding Annabel United Kingdom 1 15-07-2003 03:07 PM
When to start feeding? Bob Ponds 18 18-03-2003 05:20 PM
Feeding fish in planted tank Artur Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 11-03-2003 06:45 PM
staghorn ferns, feeding? mcameron, bill Gardening 4 06-03-2003 05:15 PM
Feeding Frogs Rupert Ponds 1 30-01-2003 05:20 AM