Old 06-03-2004, 05:49 PM
gribbee

Default External pump push/pull?

I've been using submersible pumps because there is no easy way to hide an
external pump around my pond. I do have a wooded slope 20-30 feet away from
the edge of the pond, so I decided to snake a stream down the slope with a
couple of small vf pools along the way. My plan was to bury flex pvc from
the pond to the external pump hidden behind a bush next to the top pool and
run the electric back to a shed rather than near the pond.

So I ordered a Sequence Cimmaron. When I got it in and started reading the
documentation, it says to push water instead of pulling. In other words,
put the pump by the pond and not hidden up the hill.

Is my plan screwed? If I set it up as I planned, sucking water through
about 50' of 2" pvc and up about 4', am I going to have problems? Would it
make a significant difference if I had the pump in the middle, 25' from the
pond, but before the slope? FWIW, the pump is rated for a little less than
3000 gph at 4' height.

External pump push/pull? gribbee Ponds 9 07-03-2004 05:47 PM
External pump push/pull? gribbee Ponds 0 06-03-2004 05:55 PM
External pump push/pull? gribbee Ponds 0 06-03-2004 05:54 PM
How do you protect your external pump from rain? DesertPond Ponds 10 04-07-2003 12:56 AM
External pump housing suggestions Don Lasko Ponds 1 12-02-2003 11:25 AM