Old 11-03-2004, 06:26 AM
ann in houston

Default nitrogen level in filter runoff

I want to use my filter water (diluted) on my hydrangeas. I was told
on garden web to only do it if the nutrient balance was good. Is this
the wrong way to go? Is the nitrogen too high?
TIA,
Ann
Old 13-03-2004, 09:55 PM
ann in houston

"RichToyBox" wrote in message news:pr74c.7187$C51.56451@attbi_s52...
I think the balance is good enough, at least for most plants. A long time
ago, I had aquariums in the house, raising guppies, and was way over
crowded, requiring 30 to 50% water changes about 3 times a week. I tossed
the waste out the front door onto the azaleas. I have never had such
beautiful azaleas.
--
RichToyBox

"ann in houston" wrote in message
om...
I want to use my filter water (diluted) on my hydrangeas. I was told
on garden web to only do it if the nutrient balance was good. Is this
the wrong way to go? Is the nitrogen too high?
TIA,
Ann

Thanks for the answer. I didn't think anyone had an opinion for a bit
there. I think the blue variety is as acid-loving as azaleas are. I
will dilute it quite a bit. I should get some beautiful blue from it.
I'll post some pics once the blooms fill in. Would that be offtopic?
Thanks again,
Ann

Old 14-03-2004, 05:37 PM
RichToyBox

I think the balance is good enough, at least for most plants. A long time
ago, I had aquariums in the house, raising guppies, and was way over
crowded, requiring 30 to 50% water changes about 3 times a week. I tossed
the waste out the front door onto the azaleas. I have never had such
beautiful azaleas.
--
RichToyBox

"ann in houston" wrote in message
om...
I want to use my filter water (diluted) on my hydrangeas. I was told
on garden web to only do it if the nutrient balance was good. Is this
the wrong way to go? Is the nitrogen too high?
TIA,
Ann

course choice. RHS level 2 or NCFE level 3? Binz United Kingdom 0 05-11-2012 08:04 PM
Water runoff Tom Puskar Ponds 9 14-03-2006 01:45 AM
Mulch leeching nitrogen Rita Bogna Australia 0 05-04-2003 06:33 AM
Nitrogen Inoculant for sugar pea, "Little Sweetie" Paul Hand Gardening 3 13-03-2003 09:08 PM
Speakout: Clear-cutting for runoff 'delusional' Aozotorp alt.forestry 19 12-12-2002 07:39 PM