Old 22-03-2004, 05:34 PM
y2jayplus1

Default Newbie question about carp

Hi all,

I've hunted around the web for hours, but to no avail. I have moved
into my new place,which has a pretty sizeable pond (about 3ft x 6ft and
about 2ft deep) which I keep goldfish and a few carp.

Yesterday, my Wife noticed that one of the carp is rather more sluggish
than the rest and seems to favour swimming on it's side. I just put it
down to the coldness of the water but something nagging at the back of my
mind was saying that it was'nt right.

I not long got back from work today to find that the same fish is now lying
at the bottom of the pond, hardly breathing but still alive.

All other fish are fine and I have put the sick fish in a bucket of water
near the pond 'till I can find a solution.

Can anyone kindly point me in the right direction or offer advice to care
for a sick carp.

Jay

Newbie question about carp y2jayplus1 Ponds 6 23-03-2004 04:01 PM
Newbie question about carp y2jayplus1 Ponds 0 22-03-2004 05:30 PM
Real Carp don't eat Koi food joe Ponds 0 14-08-2003 05:22 PM
How long do carp live? JohnB Ponds 10 02-07-2003 02:32 PM
Triploid Grass Carp in Koi Pond??? Dennis Ponds 2 24-06-2003 10:56 PM