Old 24-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Dennis

Default Triploid Grass Carp in Koi Pond???

We have some Triploid Grass Carp in our 3/4 acre farm pond. They are
over 30" long and probably weigh 15-25 pounds each. They have eaten
all of the weeds and now feed on the pellets we use for the catfish
and koi in that pond. We would love to put one of them in our new
10,000 gallon koi pond. Will they survive on the pellets and in this
size pond? Will they eat our water lilies and other potted or floating
aquatic plants? Do we have to do anything special to keep them in the
koi pond?

Any input would be much appreciated!

Regards
Dennis
Old 24-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Sam Hopkins

They'll suck up anything that is edible.

Grass carp stocking: Stock too little and they wont keep up with vegatation
growth. Stock too many and they'll wipe everything out.

m...

Old 24-06-2003, 10:56 PM
bobkiely

Dennis: Check out this site - may be helpful...
(Charaspp.). Triploid grass carp do not prefer plants such as spatterdock
(Nupharspp.), cattail (Typhaspp.), water lily (Nymphaea), or species of
filamentous algae
http://www.sfr.cas.psu.edu/water/gra...ct%20sheet.pdf
BK

m...

Grass carp Sacha United Kingdom 14 21-07-2007 10:45 PM
Streaming movies of koi carp, coldwater fish and pond construction advice. SG Ponds 0 01-04-2007 04:39 PM
Koi // Carp and corn Tristin[_2_] Ponds 5 27-02-2007 05:11 PM
The beast that ripping out tomatoe plants is probably.............Koi-Lo the carp lover. (nm) BLT Gardening 1 08-06-2006 07:05 AM
Real Carp don't eat Koi food joe Ponds 0 14-08-2003 05:22 PM