Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
REBEL JOE

Default salt=gal.

Someone once posted how to tell your gallons by amount of salt added to
get desired percent. (with plants). I lost it can some one repost that
please.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Bonnie

REBEL JOE wrote:
Someone once posted how to tell your gallons by amount of salt added to
get desired percent. (with plants). I lost it can some one repost that
please.

http://community.webtv.net/rebeljoe/POND

I think that was on Roark's web site.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
joe

Here you go.

Joe

You start off with a Known level of salt, tested either with a salt test kit
or with one of the meters. You add a known/weighed amount of salt to your
pond, preferably somewhere where it won't hurt your fish, like in your
skimmer box or the bottom of your waterfall (if designed that way), where it
can dissolve without your fish being able to get to it. Wait a few days for
the salt to completely dissolve and get evenly distributed in the water,
then test the water again to find out what the salt content is. Then go to
this site: http://www.perigee.net/~jrjohns/volcalc.html
or http://www.akca.org/library/salt3.htm or sign up at Roark's site
http://www.click2Roark.com ; he has a very easy-to-use calculator. This
will tell you what your ACTUAL pond gallonage is. I found that the L x W x D
gives an invalid approximation unless your sides are completely vertical,
your bottom perfectly straight and level, and you're not dealing with any
curves. O'wise, you're lulled into a false sense of water: I thought I had
in excess of 1800 gals. and found out I only had 1200. That can make a big
difference in meds.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:24 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Yup, www.click2roark.com I believe it is. ~ jan

REBEL JOE wrote:
Someone once posted how to tell your gallons by amount of salt added to
get desired percent. (with plants). I lost it can some one repost that
please.

I think that was on Roark's web site.

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)

Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
15 gal or 24" box? Max Bamboo 0 13-04-2003 01:08 AM
Unilock Block 15,000 gal raised ponds Dennis Ponds 0 09-04-2003 03:44 AM
advice wanted on building 10,000 gal koi pond Dennis Ponds 5 02-04-2003 08:56 AM
Ping: Pam Garden Gal Mark or Travis Gardening 1 02-02-2003 02:02 PM