Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
k conover

Default stupd pond cleaning questions

Okay, since it's that time of year here in Atlanta, I'll be one of the first
with the newbie pond cleaning questions. (And if there's a website or FAQ
site that I should be going to for this info, let me know!) My main reason
for cleaning is that the stones that were lining the sides of my pond have
slipped into the bottom of the pond. I know most of the instructions--use a
shop-vac, calculate gallons and add declor, take out the fish, etc., but
still have a few questions:

One: What do you do with all the water from the pond; i.e., will the ground
soak up most of it, or do I have to divert it somewhere? I don't have a
huge yard and it's sloped, so the only option is the ground or onto the
street, I think.

Two: Should I save some of the water to put back in the pond?

Three: I know I get all the gunk off the bottom, but I assume I leave the
good algae on the sides of the pond intact? And do I need to scrub the
rocks that fell down to the bottom, or is a good spraying with water enough?

Thanks for your answers; I'm probably making this much more complicated than
it has to be :-)
Kirsten