Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
pete

Default anacharis

Does anacharis have to be potted, or can it simply be weighted with lead
weights and dispersed in the bottom of the pond? My pond is small - 250
gallons, with a shallow end and a deeper end. Thanks in advance for the
info.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Benign Vanilla

"pete" wrote in message
Does anacharis have to be potted, or can it simply be weighted with

lead
weights and dispersed in the bottom of the pond? My pond is small - 250
gallons, with a shallow end and a deeper end. Thanks in advance for the
info.

My planting method for Anacharis as follows...

1. Extend hand (assumes Anacharis firmly gripped in hand) over pond surface
2. Drop Anacharis
3. Open Beer.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 06-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Wayne

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"pete" wrote in message
Does anacharis have to be potted, or can it simply be weighted with

lead
weights and dispersed in the bottom of the pond? My pond is small - 250
gallons, with a shallow end and a deeper end. Thanks in advance for the
info.

My planting method for Anacharis as follows...

1. Extend hand (assumes Anacharis firmly gripped in hand) over pond

surface
2. Drop Anacharis
3. Open Beer.

You are my kind of ponder!

Old 07-04-2004, 11:40 PM
Pond Newbie

Hmm.... *checks beer supply*

I think I planted mine wrong. Better go now and redo it....

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

Old 08-04-2004, 02:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Pond Newbie" wrote in message
Hmm.... *checks beer supply*

I think I planted mine wrong. Better go now and redo it....

snip

Yesterday I replanted my Lotus...I used a similar technique.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 08-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Pond Newbie

Hmm.... *sees six pack in fridge* ... last day of three day "weekend"... I need to set
stones in waterfall... maybe I should replant EVERYTHING while I am at it....

hehehe

BTW- do you still sell advertising spots on your site, or are you interested in
reciprocating links?

DeAnna

Old 08-04-2004, 04:34 PM
jammer

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 22:40:13 GMT, "pete" wrote:

Does anacharis have to be potted, or can it simply be weighted

with lead
weights and dispersed in the bottom of the pond? My pond is small -

250
gallons, with a shallow end and a deeper end. Thanks in advance for

the
info.

I did the latter, just today.

Old 08-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Pond Newbie" wrote in message
Hmm.... *sees six pack in fridge* ... last day of three day "weekend"... I

need to set
stones in waterfall... maybe I should replant EVERYTHING while I am at

it....

hehehe

BTW- do you still sell advertising spots on your site, or are you

interested in
reciprocating links?

snip

Yeah...I am thinking I may repot a few this weekend as well.

As for the ad space, we are always looking for sponsorship. Always. Drop me
an email, and we can talk about it off-line.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 10-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Jay Adair

I've got some weighted down, some laying loose on the bottom, some floating,
and some anchored into pots around the edges. It is the least picky plant
in my little pond....(600 gallons)

Old 10-04-2004, 06:04 AM
J.D. Stone

"pete" wrote in message
Does anacharis have to be potted, or can it simply be weighted with

lead
weights and dispersed in the bottom of the pond? My pond is small - 250
gallons, with a shallow end and a deeper end. Thanks in advance for the
info.

Just drop it in. It will handle the rest.

Old 10-04-2004, 07:03 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

You can put it or its roots in dirt. Easier to to as JD suggests...toss it
in and let it go. It will send its own roots.