Old 06-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Eric and Bobbie

Default Pea Soup Algae

Eric wrote:
I too have a uv for my savio skimmer and like the way they work. No pea
soup for us and easier pond maintance, leaves us more time to enjoy the
fish.

"Scott" wrote in message
I know most here suggest plants and more plants, but Algae hits here way
before the plants are growing in the spring. I put in a 57 watt Aqua
clarifier and in two days the pond was crystal clear. I was truly amazed
since the bottom still had leaves and some trash from the winter. What's
great now is that the dead algae seems to just fall back to the bottom

when
I fish around getting the trash off the bottom instead of clouding up the
water again.

On thing to note on the uv clarifiers is that you need to make sure

they're
turned off when the pump isn't running. The water circulation is what

cools
the bulb. So I put a switch that turns both on/off at the same time (just
put the switch on one A/C outlet).

Plants are great, but if you're impatient like me, the uv is the way to

go.
And since the bulb last 14 months at a cost of apox. $50, it's not much

more
than chemicals.

Scott

Pea Soup Algae Scott Ponds 0 10-04-2004 05:34 AM
Pea Soup Algae Eric and Bobbie Ponds 2 06-04-2004 09:28 PM
Pea Soup - Resolved Joel Ponds 0 12-09-2003 04:28 AM
Pea Soup Superkitt Ponds (alternative) 3 15-08-2003 01:43 AM
Pea Soup and I'm not talking about food. Superkitt Ponds 3 06-08-2003 08:02 PM