Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-04-2004, 10:05 PM
Ka30P

Default Operation: lady bullfrog

Last summer a lady bullfrog snuck into the
frog bog. I fear she ate up all the tree frogs I'd
adopted as eggs from jj's ponds.
I spotted her as Fall came on. We had a wonky
winter and some real awful weather and I was sure
that she couldn't have survived as I would have sworn
the frog bog had frozen solid for weeks and the big pond suffered
a catastrophic fish kill. The only silver lining from that
winter was the fact that the lady bullfrog surely went
to the great pond in the sky.

Sigh, you know what happened.
She showed up last week.
Sitting in the bog waiting for the tree frog
eggs I brought from jj's to hatch into tasty tadpoles
and baby froglets.

This-is-not-going-to-happen again!
And WAR has been declared.

Right now I'm in the arming stage.
I have two more places to look for the nets
I know I had last time I declared war on the bullfrogs
(youngest son's closet and the garage).
If they are not found I will enter negotiations with PetsMart Armory
to buy more when I go to buy the girls' kibble.

Then I am assembling my army.
I have a number of teenage boys with varying schedules
to consider for the job (scout camp, band practice, jobs,
helping Dad paint the house, parties, movies, pursuit of girls, oh and
homework...).

I will be offering a bounty on her head.
Not sure how much yet. Depends on the boys and their latest
needs. But I do know a laptop or a new sound system for the band
is a bit too high. At this point anyway.

Pizza and pop will be thrown in for free.
No cracks about frog's legs!
I might even import a female cheering section.

Stay tuned for further dispatches from the front!

kathy :-)