Old 24-04-2005, 06:21 PM
kathy

Default HRH The Lady Bullfrog/Atlantis

Her Royal Highness, The Lady Bullfrog is back for
her third summer.

And she gets to stay. She is smarter than two teenage
boys with nets, she is smarter than two lazy labradors
and she's going to help me keep the pacific chorus frogs
from getting out of control and annoying the neighbors.

So. She is now an employed member of the royal family
earning her keep.

DD and I bought two pots of mirco cattails (Typha minima)
and more creeping jenny. We are going to raise Atlantis
today, shore up its base and replant it. Will be interesting
to see if the creeping jenny we already planted did under
all that water.

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com
this week ~ herons

Old 24-04-2005, 09:42 PM
Bonnie NJ

I was thinking of using a chimney flue pipe to support my island - that is
if I get around to putting in an island ;-)

Bullfrogs certainly do come in handy - I only wish I could assign certain
items to their menu and other items off limits.

--
Bonnie
NJ

oups.com...

Old 24-04-2005, 10:35 PM
kathy

We got linebacker youngest son to move
some more brick and rocks for us (only have
him three more years to have to take advantage
of him...)

Atlantis was raised and the creeping jenny
that had been submerged for, what, ten
to fourteen days... did wonderfully. It even
started putting out roots from its 'branches'.

The one surviving sweet potato suffered but
may rally and I planted it in an earthbound
pot.

We put in two big sized micro cattails and
a big rock. Planted more creeping jenny
around the edges and gave it a bit more
room above the water level (though that
changes with water changes, thunderstorms,
etc).

Looks pretty good.
We will be adding a digital camera to the toys
around here soon so I'll have some pictures to
show you someday (after the kids teach me how
to use it...).

kathy :-)
www.blogfromthebog.com