Old 19-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Freud

Default Adjustable Mini Pumps?

Hi:
I bought my wife an outdoor wall fountain and the pump that came with it
is intermittent and unpredictable. Sometimes it stops working, other
times it's too strong & the stream splashes all over. I suspect that at
least part of the problem is that pieces of leaves etc can get caught in
it, since there's no filter. Can anyone recommend a good replacement
pump for this application? I'd really like one with a good range of
adjustment so I can turn it down to just a trickle. If most of these
mini pumps share a similar design (ie with no filter) has anyone had any
luck wrapping a filter material around the pump to keep it from jamming?
Thanks in advance,
Freud
Old 19-04-2004, 04:06 PM
really ka30p

You can try some black vinyl window screening
if you have any around the house, or black netting from the fabric store.
(Black if the pump is visible below the water - any colour will do if it is
hidden.)

kathy :-)
(still use ka30p for email
this acct. is for reading rec.ponds only)
Old 20-04-2004, 03:06 PM
Freud

In article , jperson5
@aol.comnononono says...

You can try some black vinyl window screening
if you have any around the house, or black netting from the fabric store.
(Black if the pump is visible below the water - any colour will do if it is
hidden.)

kathy :-)
(still use ka30p for email
this acct. is for reading rec.ponds only)

Thanks, I'll try that.