Old 21-04-2004, 02:04 AM
pmwebdesigns

Default Koi color

Can a Koi lose color if stressed?
I bought a Koi, a little black n white butterfly one, and when I got home
and took him out the bag he almost looked silver, hardly no black at all.
I'm beginning to wonder if the guy caught the right Koi, but I know the guy
knew which one I wanted.
Priss

Old 21-04-2004, 02:06 AM
RichToyBox

Koi lie about their colors. The color will change due to stress, and may
return quickly as soon as they are over the stress. It will change due to
water quality. It will change due to age. Sometimes, if you look closely
at a young koi, you can see a hint of gray or blue under the skin, and this
will end up being deep black when it grows up. I did a pond call this
spring where the woman was so worried about her fish that was starting to be
covered with little black spots. When I got there and looked, it was just
the color coming up on a becko, that she thought was just a plain white
fish. I have some real losers that have changed for the worse and some that
have changed for the better. Give it a few days to settle down. Black
usually doesn't go a away and stay, red will.
--
RichToyBox