Old 02-05-2004, 03:11 PM
Bonnie

Default Sneak attack pondside

I was sitting as the breakfast table dinking my coffee, I
glanced out the window and noticed a squirrel drinking from
the pond. When suddenly another squirrel charged up and
goosed or pushed the first squirrel into the water. I was
about to go out the rescue the squirrel when he swam to the
edge and climbed out. I could almost hear the attacker
giggling as he ran off.
The adventure continues ;-)
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 02-05-2004, 03:12 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Another way cool story! Just imagine, nature right there by you! Thanks to
the pond hobby!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 02-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Ka30P

Bonnie wrote When suddenly another squirrel charged up and
goosed or pushed the first squirrel into the water.

Chortle!!!
I'll have to let the labradors know of this squirrel tactic!

kathy :-)
Old 02-05-2004, 05:07 PM
Keith Nuttle

I know that there are some that do not like the squirrels, but antics
like you describe make them quite desirable in the garden. It sure
beats watching bird eat seeds.

In watching them you will see that each has a different personality
(animality). They have their job of eating and sex, but they also have
games they play, jokes on one an other, and just lounging around having
fun together.

Old 02-05-2004, 06:07 PM

I miss squirrels. I used to live in a heavily wooded neighborhood in
Pittsburgh.

Now I live in a relatively young subdivision. Our trees our only 10
years old. The squirrels are getting closer, though. Each year they
come a house or two closer from down the street.

Old 02-05-2004, 06:07 PM
Bonnie

Keith Nuttle wrote:
I know that there are some that do not like the squirrels, but antics
like you describe make them quite desirable in the garden. It sure
beats watching bird eat seeds.

In watching them you will see that each has a different personality
(animality). They have their job of eating and sex, but they also have
games they play, jokes on one an other, and just lounging around having
fun together.

I agree. This guy is the quickest of the bunch and definitely
a prankster. While the other squirrels are eating he runs
rings around them and generaly instigates trouble and then
runs up the nearest tree.
I had to stop filling one type of birdfeeder because he
learned how to turn it upside down and dump all the seed.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old 03-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Bonnie" wrote in message
Keith Nuttle wrote:
I know that there are some that do not like the squirrels, but antics
like you describe make them quite desirable in the garden. It sure
beats watching bird eat seeds.

In watching them you will see that each has a different personality
(animality). They have their job of eating and sex, but they also have
games they play, jokes on one an other, and just lounging around having
fun together.

I agree. This guy is the quickest of the bunch and definitely
a prankster. While the other squirrels are eating he runs
rings around them and generaly instigates trouble and then
runs up the nearest tree.
I had to stop filling one type of birdfeeder because he
learned how to turn it upside down and dump all the seed.

It's this behaviour that got us a cat year ago. We were in the pet store.
She'd run over start a fight with a couple of kittens, and the three would
brawl. Then like in a cartoon, she'd back out and walk away leaving the
other two kittens brawling. She'd repeat this until she had the whole box of
'em wrestling, and she'd sit there and just look at them like they were
stupid kittens. We bought her on the spot.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com