Old 09-05-2004, 02:04 PM
Cheryl

Default how many fish?

Hi

Apon reading your posts about how many fish to have in your pond it got me
thinking about my pond..

My inherited pond is 2500 litres ( im in the UK) not sure what it is gallons
..

At present the pond has 8 Kois (average 11- 12 inches) 3 Comets ( approx 6
inches) and 5 baby goldfish (2-3 inches) .

I was wondering if someone could tell me how many fish (koi) should have as
im not sure how to work this out.

Thanks

Cheryl

Old 09-05-2004, 04:05 PM
Just Me \Koi\

According to the rule of thumb bounced around here, you should not have any
Koi in your pond. Unless you plan on doing a lot of intervention!

Just curious, how are your fish doing? And what does your water look like?

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 09-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Cheryl

LOL

I thought that you might say I had to many but not None!
The fish have been in there a few years now ( by the previous owners) as are
doing just fine. They have a small Fungus infection right now but all seem
happy together.
The water quality is fine too, the water became rather green a while ago but
the new UV filter is sorting that out well.

news

Old 10-05-2004, 06:06 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I say if they are fine for five years, then they should continue to be fine!

You must have an excellent filtration system!

--
_______________________________________

"Cheryl" wrote in message
LOL

I thought that you might say I had to many but not None!
The fish have been in there a few years now ( by the previous owners) as

are
doing just fine. They have a small Fungus infection right now but all seem
happy together.
The water quality is fine too, the water became rather green a while ago

but
the new UV filter is sorting that out well.

news

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Hi

Apon reading your posts about how many fish to have in your pond it

got
me
thinking about my pond..

My inherited pond is 2500 litres ( im in the UK) not sure what it is
gallons
.

At present the pond has 8 Kois (average 11- 12 inches) 3 Comets (

approx
6
inches) and 5 baby goldfish (2-3 inches) .

I was wondering if someone could tell me how many fish (koi) should

have
as
im not sure how to work this out.

Thanks

Cheryl

CHerokee Purple Tomato-Twisted many many lobed fruit with odd scars DigitalVinyl Gardening 4 02-08-2005 02:22 PM
How many koi is too many koi Carl Beyer Ponds 16 17-08-2003 12:04 AM
Japanese Snails - How Many is too many? Sean R. Kerns Ponds 2 24-06-2003 02:56 PM
Too Many Fish JGW Ponds 20 16-06-2003 10:56 PM
So many fish dying Smith Ponds (alternative) 4 15-06-2003 08:56 AM