Old 15-05-2004, 09:04 PM
Zeev Yelin

Default sealer recommendation

I'm a newbee,
After surfing the Internet and because of the nature of the grond
where I live, I built my pond in cement, "broke" its borderline with
rocks, it has quite a look and feel od a natural pond, I'm in sealer
stage.

can you recommend a sealer that will be fish friendly in terms of its
component?
can you also recommend a preferred color, the pond will be in some
shade in the future ( till a close by tree grows enough to shade it
partially ) but now has something like 8 month hard, direct sun.
thanks in advance.
Zeev
Old 16-05-2004, 03:06 AM
RichToyBox

If you give the concrete time to cure, means keeping it wet and warm for
several weeks, then allow it to dry which allows the lime water to carbonate
at the surface making a denser surface and the lime water evaporates, make
an air lock from the rest of the lime water, no sealer should be required.
Some have used Thoroseal, which comes in colors, but use the Acryl additive
to make it more watertight.

As for the color, give the pond a few weeks and the walls and bottom will be
algae green. This is good algae that provides a lot of the filtration of
the pond, hides bugs that are fish food, etc. No matter what color you
start with it will naturally go green.
--
RichToyBox
m...

Stone Sealer Charles Gardening 1 28-07-2003 10:42 PM
recommendation for a sealer for a paver patio Lil Gardening 0 04-07-2003 06:32 AM
HELP!!! Need rec. for Sealer for cracks in cement Marius Ponds 4 27-06-2003 07:28 PM
OT - Painted Terracotta Sealer? Willow Australia 4 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
OT - Painted Terracotta Sealer? Willow Australia 2 10-03-2003 11:44 AM