Old 19-05-2004, 02:13 PM
Pond Diver

Default Planting stuff

What is the best stuff to plant lillies and stuff?

Loam? Gravel? What mixture of stuff do I use? Better yet...what the hell
is loam?

Old 19-05-2004, 03:05 PM
GrannyGrump

What is the best stuff to plant lillies and stuff?

Unscented cat litter.

Loam? Gravel? What mixture of stuff do I use? Better yet...what the hell
is loam?

Loam:
1 a : a mixture (as for plastering) composed chiefly of moistened clay
b : a coarse molding sand used in founding

2 : SOIL; specifically : a soil consisting of a friable (:easily
crumbled or pulverized) mixture of varying proportions of clay, silt,
and sand

Old 19-05-2004, 09:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Pond Diver" wrote in message
What is the best stuff to plant lillies and stuff?

Loam? Gravel? What mixture of stuff do I use? Better yet...what the

hell
is loam?

I use pebbles and river rock for all my plants except my lotus which is in a
mud/mulm mix. I planted a lily in pebbles/rocks this year and it is not
doing well at all, so it will be moved back to mud this weekend.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com

Old 30-05-2004, 04:09 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

On Wed, 19 May 2004 12:39:29 GMT, "Pond Diver" wrote:

What is the best stuff to plant lillies and stuff?

What's free. ;o) Okay, not everyone has accessible good soil in their
backyard, but start there first if you do. ~ jan

Stuff they never tell you-vegetables and composting stuff Tuckermor Edible Gardening 0 29-11-2004 04:07 PM
Blue-green grassy type stuff in lawn Ian Cundell United Kingdom 0 16-11-2003 05:23 PM
[IBC] White stuff David J. Bockman Bonsai 10 19-02-2003 03:03 PM
[IBC] More haw stuff Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 13-02-2003 03:25 PM
[IBC] Arty stuff Colin Lewis Bonsai 0 11-02-2003 10:25 PM