Old 21-05-2004, 04:13 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default What is this guy?

"Susan H. Simko" wrote in message
BenignVanilla wrote:

I've tried. My green/bronze frogs are cool with me. They let me take
pictures, touche them, etc. This guy is quite shy. We have some smaller

guys
to that jump in when we get within 20 feet of the pond. We call them

peepers
as they making a "peep" sound as they jump in.

Green frogs are known for making a noise when they jump into the water.

I tend towarrds gree frog also on ID. I have a few in my pond that look
like that. *smile*

On the IHMP frog page we have a link to the frogtracker site which lets you
here frogs, http://www.iheartmypond.com/Animals/Frogs/default.asp. My
greenie's definately sound like these. My toad is dead on. The spring
peepers sound similar to the peep before jump frogs, but they have not been
a chorus at night.

BV.

Old 21-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Bullfrogs also squeak when surprised
into jumping in the water.
Have you heard your new visitor yet?
That ought to help ID it.

Lady Bullfrog here has moved onto the island
in the big pond. She seems to have settled in.
Treefrog taddies are growing nicely in the bog.

If my ID skills are what I think they are...we had our first Bull show up
this week.

BV.

Old 21-05-2004, 04:15 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
Well! If you feel that way then! (muttering under my breath about being
censored in a newsgroup!)

snip

Oh, OK go ahead make your joke...

BV.

Old 21-05-2004, 10:19 PM
Just Me \Koi\

Oh Thank you!

BV,
It's a frog, and it's green with spots like a leopard!

Therefore it must be a leopard frog?

I kill me!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 21-05-2004, 11:15 PM
Robyn Rhudy

I too thought it looked like one of my young female green frogs. I sent
an e-mail to BV but it bounced so I forgot about it. My females have
brown striped legs like that and the same colors. Males are much more
dark green and at first appear to be a different species to some.

On Thu, 20 May 2004, BenignVanilla wrote:

"Heather" wrote in message
My money is on Northern Green Frog- female.

snip

Really? Even with the sharp contrast in markings? I always thought greeens
had less complicated marks.

BV.

Important Notice! Robyn's web site has moved from
http://userpages.umbc.edu/~rrhudy1/ to http://www.fishpondinfo.com. This
e-mail as well as the old site (which refers to the new site) will be
deleted on 9/24/04 by UMBC (I have no say in it). After that date,
please use the e-mail of instead of this e-mail.
Please spread the word that my site has moved. Thanks.

Chemist, preservationist, animal lover, aquarist, and ponder. -
Extensive web pages on animals, fish, and ponds. -
http://www.fishpondinfo.com
Free pond newsletter - sign up at my web site -
Finally! Buy Robyn's Pond Book at www.1stbooks.com -

Old 21-05-2004, 11:16 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Robyn Rhudy" wrote in message
. umbc.edu...

I too thought it looked like one of my young female green frogs. I sent
an e-mail to BV but it bounced so I forgot about it. My females have
brown striped legs like that and the same colors. Males are much more
dark green and at first appear to be a different species to some.

snip

Did you send it to BV @ tibetanbeefgarden dot com?

BV.

Old 22-05-2004, 01:09 AM
Yorkshire Pudding

On Fri, 21 May 2004 20:37:13 GMT, "Just Me \"Koi\""
wrote:

Oh Thank you!

BV,
It's a frog, and it's green with spots like a leopard!

Therefore it must be a leopard frog?

I kill me!

but Leopards aren't green......Doh!!!

YP
Old 22-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I don't really know anything about frogs! Just had to mess with BV!

--
_______________________________________

Old 25-05-2004, 11:04 AM
Steve and Lisa

Dunno what he is, but he sure is cute!

Lisa
"BenignVanilla" wrote in message
Anyone have any idea what this guy is? And JMK, if you say, "A frog". I

will
come over there and beat you with one of your koi.

http://www.darofamily.com/jeff/files...2/p1010012.jpg

BV.

P.S. Had my first lily flower today.

Old 26-05-2004, 05:02 AM
Nedra

LOL! Well that makes three or four different frogs that
'squeak' when they jump in the water. I had this
happen to me several years ago - nearly scared me to death.
A guy on this group said the frogs I have are Leopard frogs.
Now all the frogs squeak when they hear me approach the
pond ... LOL

Kathy, so glad your pond life has settled in ... now we just
gotta get your teens well....

Nedra

"Ka30P" wrote in message

Bullfrogs also squeak when surprised
into jumping in the water.
Have you heard your new visitor yet?
That ought to help ID it.

Lady Bullfrog here has moved onto the island
in the big pond. She seems to have settled in.
Treefrog taddies are growing nicely in the bog.

kathy :-)

Who is this guy? David Bunch Gardening 44 16-02-2004 09:14 PM
New Guy-getting feet wet (long) Skooch Ponds 7 26-06-2003 12:59 AM
where is the the tomato guy from the farmers market Cheryl Andrassy North Carolina 1 05-05-2003 04:56 PM
new plant guy Adam Webster Texas 1 05-04-2003 11:09 AM
Dave Fouchey: Nice Guy Chive Mynde Gardening 0 03-03-2003 06:39 AM