Old 26-05-2004, 09:13 PM
Michael Shaffer

Default Algae used to power cars

Very interesting

http://www.unh.edu/p2/biodiesel/article_alge.html
Old 27-05-2004, 05:05 AM
Sean Dinh

That article sounds too good to be true. Any one here analyzes that
article and come up with a rebuttal?

Old 27-05-2004, 05:07 AM
Ka30P

I'll donate all my algae to the cause!

kathy :-)
Old 27-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Just Me \Koi\

I'm rich! I'm rich. I have enough algae in my pond to power all the cars in
Los Angeles!

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

Old 27-05-2004, 02:10 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
That article sounds too good to be true. Any one here analyzes that
article and come up with a rebuttal?

With any fuel source there are pro's and con's, and I don't think we've
found a panacea just yet. Even Hydrogen, when you factor in the associated
costs of manufacturing, transportation, storage, etc. does not yet compete
with gasoline, and will not clean up the environment over night.

The biofuels group has been around for awhile. There is stuff all over
google about it. In my experience, the biggest problem with it is the cost
of converting an existing engine.

BV.

Old 28-05-2004, 02:14 AM
Hank

There is no conversion needed to run a Diesel engine on bio fuels.
There are people now running on waste oil from the golden arches
french fryer. It is actually better for the engine than petroleum
based fuel. Only drawback is the people driving behind you suddenly
crave Mickey D's.
I can see it now....... 2010 ........ optional UV sterilizer for
your fuel tank. They would make them standard equipment but some hard
core folks insist on veggie filters instead. ;-}
--
some photos of my little puddle
http://community.webshots.com/user/hankpage1

Old 29-05-2004, 05:06 AM
jammer

My mom lives in Gardena, (your email address always reminds me of her
street) Can she get in on some of that free gas??!?

Old 29-05-2004, 03:06 PM
Tom L. La Bron

Folks,

What is really interesting about the biodiesel
situation is that Mr. Diesel, who developed the Diesel
engine, actually intended to run it on Peanut Oil.

Tom L.L.