Old 28-05-2004, 06:04 AM
chagoi

Default Yahoo!!! I've got frogs!

Well make that A frog

I just got home (12:30) Checked the 100 gal pond, saw two tiny eyes
staring at me from the frog ramp I installed two weeks ago when I
purchased 13 tadpoles.
I can't imagine that it is one of the tadpoles already, as he (it)is
only 1" long and the tadpoles were 2-3" long. Also he is pale green with
faint brown spots and the tads are deep dark brown. So I imagine that he
is a product of the pond from last year, or he snuck in attached to the
new anacharis, water lettuce, and WH that I picked up two days ago.

Well Anyway I am happy to see him, and hope he finds his new home to his
liking.

Chagoi

Old 29-05-2004, 05:07 AM
jammer

If he's a bullfrog, you won't like it when he eats your tadpoles.

Old 29-05-2004, 07:02 AM
chagoi

jammer wrote:
If he's a bullfrog, you won't like it when he eats your tadpoles.

He appears to have Leapord spots. but it is really hard to identify him
at this stage of his life.

I don't think I will have that problen, at least right now.
Since the frog is 1/3 the size of the smallest tadpole.
A tadpole leg would be more than a mouthfull.

Chagoi
Old 29-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Tony Gartshore

In article , says...

Congratulations! I love it when I can see one of the frogs.....I find them
so cute!

Lisa

I photographed there two chaps in my garden pond over the last couple of evenings.

http://www.evil-photographer.com/greenfrog.jpg
http://www.evil-photographer.com/yellowfrog.jpg

Quite a few tadpoles with rear leg buds hiding among the stones too.

T.
--
Please Tony, NO!! You'd look dreadful in a basque and fishnets..

Old 30-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Denise

The two pics of the frogs are excellent!!
What kind of camera was used?

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 30-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Denise

I've got one frog also, saew him hanging out on a lily pad this morning
and got my camera quick. By he end of August I will have lots of frogs,
especially in my two other fishless ponds. Those two ponds just have
floating plants like water hyacinth and lettuce.

Denise

Visit my gardens:

http://web1.in4web.com/mtcdrc

Old 14-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Remydog

Green frog certainly looks like a bull frog to me.

"Tony Gartshore" wrote in message
t...
In article ,

says...

Old 15-06-2004, 03:06 PM
Benign Vanilla

"Remydog" wrote in message
Green frog certainly looks like a bull frog to me.

snip
I photographed there two chaps in my garden pond over the last couple of

evenings.

http://www.evil-photographer.com/greenfrog.jpg
http://www.evil-photographer.com/yellowfrog.jpg

I'd say the greenfrog is a greenfrog, as the ridge runs from the eye to the
hind legs, and does not turn down to the front legs. I'd also guess that is
it female, as it does not have a bright yellow chin. That yellow frog looks
like my nephews african frog, which are apparently in pet stores, but I
can't identify it for sure.

BV.