Old 09-06-2004, 03:15 PM
Mark Bannister

Default Bamboo containment - was Testing the waters -- new pond or

Gareee© wrote:
"Mike Patterson" wrote in message

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 07:13:01 -0700, RainLover
wrote:

I want to plant some bamboo here in GA, was planning to plant it in a
30-gallon plastic washtub separated from other plants by 4-5 feet in
all directions, do you think that setup is adequate to contain it?

Hmm... bamboo has been known to push into garages, and push through concrete
driveways... Hmmmm.....

I think it was Heidlelberg Zoo (maybe not, anyway some zoo somewhere,
sometime, perhaps in a galaxy far, far away) that we saw bamboo escaping
and making sidewalks almost impassible by pushing it up and sending up
nice, sharp pointy growth. It was going underneath as well and invading
some other exhibit by passing under a concrete wall.