Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 PM
NSF

Default Watercress

Any suggestions as to where I can buy some watercress to plant in my stream?
I am in North West London/Herts.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"NSF" wrote in message
. ..

Any suggestions as to where I can buy some watercress to plant in my

stream?
I am in North West London/Herts.

I get mine at the supermarket in this area. Sometime it has to be ordered by
usually they carry it.

BV.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:04 PM
FrankG

I bought some from Morrisons Salad shelf (chopped up in a bag no roots)
about six weeks ago for my waterfall intermediate pond.

Put a handful in (ate the rest) and it rooted within days. It is 12 inches
tall now and about to flower. I seriously have to think about removing some
as it is taking over.

Where to get some: Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys,etc

Just throw it in and watch it grow, literally by the hour.

It does prefer moving water so your stream location is ideal.

Roots take loads of nutrients out of the water, so it is ideal plant for
starving algae and preventing a bloom.

Hope this helps

FrankG

West Midlands
UK

P.S. Do not eat it when it has grown in the pond. It could contain Liver
flukes and give you Liver failure !!

"NSF" wrote in message
. ..

Any suggestions as to where I can buy some watercress to plant in my

stream?
I am in North West London/Herts.

Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 0 20-10-2003 06:02 PM
Watercress Wally World Clanger United Kingdom 1 20-10-2003 11:02 AM
watercress K30a Ponds 2 25-07-2003 11:32 PM
bidet /Watercress David Hill United Kingdom 0 12-06-2003 07:20 AM
Watercress root rotting, freshwater fish tank. DogCow Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 20-04-2003 06:17 AM