Old 16-06-2004, 12:08 AM
Steve \(Dart\)

Default ? Brown water

Hi all, this is my first year with the pond. We had a ton of pollen landing
on the ground last week and than the air temp went up to 32*C 90*f (had to
use my converter calculator) anyway, now my water is brown and very hard to
see into. I can only see about 5-8cm (2-3 inch).
I think is a combination of warm water and the pollen. How can I fix this?
I was expecting to see a green algae bloom before anything.
my pond is about 1250L or 275 imp gal or 330 us gal and I have 5 koi 4-6
inch each.
Steve

Old 16-06-2004, 03:05 AM
RichToyBox

Depending on the type of pollen, what you may be seeing is tannins in the
water that make it look tea colored. The tannins can be removed with
charcoal, or by major water changes. If it is a brown algae, then look for
Ka30P's algae primer.
--
RichToyBox