Old 17-06-2004, 08:18 AM
jammer

Default Good Grief, a Frog!

I have toads about but now i have a huge green frog. I can't get a
good enough look to see if it's a bullfrog or not. I hope not, if it
will eat toads. It stays in or near the little pondlet that it looks
out of place at. It is very skittish and i cant get a picture or a
very long look.
Old 17-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Pond Newbie

I have the biggest, most beautiful toad, bigger than a baseball, who comes up on the porch
every night, and eats lots of bugs. Last night, I looked out, and there was also a little
green tree frog on the back door. The cats went nuts trying to bat at it through the
window. LOL. It didn't phase the lil' one at all, in fact, neither did my taking
snapshots.

The toadpoles are now tiny, tiny toads, and all over the place! We have two big leopard
frogs that hang out at the edges of the pond. One is a bit shy, the other is a camera ham.
We also have some, what I have been told are "green" frogs. But they are really shy and
jump into the water before I can get a shot of them. I will try to post pics to my pond
pages later....

I still have one very sick koi in the hospital tank, but he is making progress, eating and
swimming around. *sigh* I still have no clue what put him out of sorts. The other fish
are fine, in fact, all are healthy and breeding. Water quality is near perfect, according
to the tests. It almost appeared as if he were poisoned or something. It came on very
fast.

*waves to jammer* I hope to get the FW area soon, with some snails. I brought *ONE* tiny
snail (not even a real big one) into a small betta tank in the house, and suddenly there
are TONS of them in there. I think they are born pregnant!!! *sigh*

DeAnna
--
http://lamb.iswiz.com/pond.php
If you remember that I prefer my spam without cheese-

Old 18-06-2004, 07:04 AM
jammer

You have snails coming out of your ears and i cant get one.

4 people drowned at the fort worth water gardens yesterday. Bizarre,
indeed.

And i looked up frogs and the only one that it looked like was a darn
bullfrog. They will eat toads, wont they? My 3 fish are still in
there....this is larger than any of the toads, with smooth skin and
LONG legs. If he'll eat toads, i am going to catch and remove it.

Old 18-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jammer" wrote in message
You have snails coming out of your ears and i cant get one.

4 people drowned at the fort worth water gardens yesterday. Bizarre,
indeed.

And i looked up frogs and the only one that it looked like was a darn
bullfrog. They will eat toads, wont they? My 3 fish are still in
there....this is larger than any of the toads, with smooth skin and
LONG legs. If he'll eat toads, i am going to catch and remove it.

snip

Can you post a picture?

BV.

Old 19-06-2004, 06:03 AM
jammer

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 08:40:16 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
You have snails coming out of your ears and i cant get one.

4 people drowned at the fort worth water gardens yesterday.

Bizarre,
indeed.

And i looked up frogs and the only one that it looked like was a

darn
bullfrog. They will eat toads, wont they? My 3 fish are still in
there....this is larger than any of the toads, with smooth skin and
LONG legs. If he'll eat toads, i am going to catch and remove it.

snip

Can you post a picture?

BV.

Not only do i not have the means, but he is shy, shy, shy! I got a
better look tonight and he is green with yellow "lips"...

Old 21-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Benign Vanilla

"jammer" wrote in message
snip
Can you post a picture?

Not only do i not have the means, but he is shy, shy, shy! I got a
better look tonight and he is green with yellow "lips"...

Yellow lips? Sounds like a male green or bronze frog. If you can get a
look...behind his/her eye is the tympanic membrane, that big circle thing.
There will probably be a fold of skin near there. Does that fold run to the
hind legs or does it turn sharply downwards to the front legs?

BV.

Old 22-06-2004, 12:07 AM
jammer

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 09:04:45 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

"jammer" wrote in message
.. .
snip
Can you post a picture?

Not only do i not have the means, but he is shy, shy, shy! I got a
better look tonight and he is green with yellow "lips"...

Yellow lips? Sounds like a male green or bronze frog. If you can get

look...behind his/her eye is the tympanic membrane, that big circle

thing.
There will probably be a fold of skin near there. Does that fold run

to the
hind legs or does it turn sharply downwards to the front legs?

BV.

If i ever get that good of a look, i'll let you know.

Old 22-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Pond Newbie

I SAW that.... on the news.

If that is the one I am thinking of, they said something like there were signs saying no
swimming, but they jumped in anyway. The news also said several others tried to rescue
them but the current was too strong (some kind of pump or filter, I was guessing-I caught
the story part of the way through) and they had to get out before they could save them or
risk drowning themselves.

DeAnna