Old 18-06-2004, 11:06 PM
Newbie Bill

Default PP treatment on new plant

One of my 'gift' plants is doing very poorly possibly because of my salt
treatments. I am looking for something new. You can be sure after all my
troubles I WILL treat the plant before I put it in the pond. I was planning
to just use the duct tape of ponders - the 5 gallon bucket - add
dechlorinated water - submerge the plant just a few inches below water level
and blast the heck out of it with PP. How strong can I douse it and do you
still have to wait the 4-6 hours pink water if you are doing say 80 ppm for
instance?
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 19-06-2004, 02:07 AM
RichToyBox

I don't think that it requires near as much time at the higher concentration
as it does at the lower concentration. The reason for the low concentration
in the pond is to make it strong enough to kill the critters, without
killing the fish, and that means it takes longer. I use a heavy dose of PP,
about 1/4 tsp in 10 gallons of water, set the plants in it and then plant
them the next morning.
--
RichToyBox
m...

Old 20-06-2004, 05:04 PM

forget PP and use copper sulfate (coppersafe) on the plant 2X concentration
overnight. it is much easier and will get everything. Ingrid

"Newbie Bill" wrote:

One of my 'gift' plants is doing very poorly possibly because of my salt
treatments. I am looking for something new. You can be sure after all my
troubles I WILL treat the plant before I put it in the pond. I was planning
to just use the duct tape of ponders - the 5 gallon bucket - add
dechlorinated water - submerge the plant just a few inches below water level
and blast the heck out of it with PP. How strong can I douse it and do you
still have to wait the 4-6 hours pink water if you are doing say 80 ppm for
instance?
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 22-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Lee B.

In addition to the above suggestions, there's really no need to dechlor
water used to disinfect plants: chlorine will add another level of safety.
However, dunk the plant in dechlored water BEFORE returning it to the pond:
that will neutralize any residual chlorine and PP.

Lee

Old 22-06-2004, 11:11 PM
Newbie Bill

Just a quick follow up. Since I do have a gram scale I measured it pretty
accurately to 80 ppm. My question about the 4-6 hours was quickly answered.
I dosed it in the evening and the next morning it was still grape juice
purple. Thanks for the suggestions.
Bill