Old 19-06-2004, 07:04 AM
Pat

Default Oase AquaMax vs Cyprio Titan?

My Pondmaster pump recently gave out (after only 3 years), and I'm
considering the Oase Aquamax 2100 and Cyprio Titan 1450 as possible
replacements. Both should put out about 1100 gph against an effective head
of 4ft (which is what I need) and have similar low power usage (100W vs
115W) - which is important to me. The big difference is the price. The
Aquamax is $325 vs $130 for the Titan (mail order prices). Although the
Titan looks like the obvious choice based on price, I know you usually get
what you pay for, and was wondering whether the Titan is just very cheaply
made (and not likely to last) or the Aquamax is just way over priced?

I welcome any comments/opinions on this. I don't mind paying more for
quality or better performance, but since I have no experience with either of
these models (and have only seen them in pictures) it's hard to tell whether
that's the case here.

Thanks for any feedback.

Pat