Old 26-06-2004, 05:08 AM
Rick Estell

Default Roll Call

Hi,

A few years ago, someone asked if there was anyone on this group that knew
how the group started. I meant to reply but never did. I have been lurking
on this group since its inception. I voted for its formation. If my memory
serves me, there were 94 total votes (no negatives). The reason this group
was formed was because of complaints on rec.gardens. I started lurking on
that group around 1990/1991 (foggy memory). Some discussions about water
gardening riled the resident gardening experts, they started complaining and
told people interested in aquatic gardening to form their own newsgroup and
quit clogging up their group. A few pioneers decided to do a RFD and it
passed. The original group was very information oriented. Not a lot of
friendly banter, just answers to specific questions. Sometimes there would
be a week between a single posting (maybe 10 or 15 regular contributors). It
was years ago, but besides the names on the RFD, the other person I remember
fielding most of the questions was Steve something (Logan, maybe??). That
was before Kelly opened things up. Once she found the group, it grew
exponentially.

Rick

Old 26-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Nedra

Hi Rick,

That wouldn't be Kelly Sisson from down in Texas would it? She writes an
article in Watergardening magazine now. She was very active when I joined
in 199X ...

Nedra