Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2004, 09:05 AM
Jeff

Default Newbbie

Yes, I'm a newbie with a pond.
I made a very small pond for my 2 yo daughter. My problem is that I get the
green pea soup so bad.
Last year I put fish in it and I thought that "fueled" my problem, however
this year no fish and same problem.
The pond is under a large tree that gets mostly shade. The pond is so small
I hate to cover it in plants.
I have tried organic chemicals but want to avoid anything toxic as while we
do live in town, there are several birds that use it for the local watering
hole so I don't want to harm them. Any suggestions. I would like to put in
a couple of goldfish. I am embarrassed to say that it is under 200 gallons
not as serious as I would like to make it but with limited space it is a
start. I have looked at UV sterilizers and wondered what you all thought
and if it is a good idea which one.

Thanks in advance