Old 04-07-2004, 06:02 PM
chagoi

Default Regional Aquaculture Centers: Source of Basic Info

*"Disclaimer"*
*This Information is to be taken with a grain of Salt, Alum, Potash, PP,
or Whatever.* ;-)
*I do not claim it to be the answer to all problems.*
*It is for Informational Purposes ONLY*
*Your mileage may vary dependant on your circumstances*

This information is based on much larger ponds than ours.
But "Basic Chemistry" is "Basic Chemistry" whether it is their big ponds
or our little puddles.

Interactions of pH, CO2, GH, and KH
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/464fs.pdf

Nitrite in Fish Ponds
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/464fs.pdf

Ammonia in Fish Ponds
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/463fs.pdf

Control of Clay Turbidity
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/460fs.pdf

Calculating Area and Volume of ponds and tanks
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/103fs.pdf

Medicated Feed for Food Fish (Terramycin and Romet-B)
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/473fs.pdf

Renovating Leaky Ponds
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/105fs.pdf

Avian Predators on Southern Aquaculture
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/400fs.pdf

Pond Recirculating Production Systems
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/455fs.pdf

Critical Overall Considerations
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/451fs.pdf

System Operation and Water Quality Management
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/452fs.pdf

Filter Types and Waste Types
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/453fs.pdf

Aquatic Plants and Fish
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/454fs.pdf

Aeromonas Bacterial Infections
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/efs/srac/478fs.pdf

Columnaris Disease
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac...rac/479bfs.pdf

Protozoan Parasites
(Last page describes use of Salt, Pot. Perm. (KMNO4), and Formalin-F)
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac...rac/4701fs.pdf

CAUTION this information is not something we want to follow but, it
gives you an insite as to what causes an ALGAL BLOOM and possibly how to
help avoid it.
Pond Fertilization: Initiating AN ALGAL BLOOM
http://www.fish.washington.edu/wrac/images/wrac-104.PDF

Regional Aquaculture Center Publications Homepage
All of the Fact Sheets
http://aquanic.org/publicat/usda_rac/fact.htm

Recipes *Not recommended for Koi* ;-)
http://aquanic.org/publicat/recipe.htm

/\/\ike
Chagoi
http://ourkoipond.com
Old 07-07-2004, 04:02 PM
Tom L.L.

Mike et al,

It is interesting that you caveat your posting of these pages. Let me
add that these pages are dealing with "Aquaculture" and not backyard
ponds and are dealing with stocking loads far higher than most
backyard ponders work with in the proper care of their ponds.
Especially in the Recirculating pond pdf which deals in pounds of fish
per gallon, not one KOI per the first 1,000 gallons and one KOI per
each 100 gallons after.

Tom L.L.

Old 07-07-2004, 06:02 PM
chagoi

Tom L.L. wrote:

Mike et al,

It is interesting that you caveat your posting of these pages. Let me
add that these pages are dealing with "Aquaculture" and not backyard
ponds and are dealing with stocking loads far higher than most
backyard ponders work with in the proper care of their ponds.
Especially in the Recirculating pond pdf which deals in pounds of fish
per gallon, not one KOI per the first 1,000 gallons and one KOI per
each 100 gallons after.

Tom L.L.

Tom I restate my caveat. Re-read points 1,2,3,4,and especially *5*
All points acknowlege that This is not "GOSPEL" for all.

"Just the basics, and nothing but the basics"

#1. *This Information is to be taken with a grain of Salt, Alum, Potash,
PP,or Whatever.* :-)
#2. *I do not claim it to be the answer to all problems.*
#3. *It is for Informational Purposes ONLY*
#4. *Your mileage may vary dependant on your circumstances* :-)

#5. *This information is based on much larger ponds than ours.*

But "Basic Chemistry" is "Basic Chemistry" whether it is their big ponds
or our little puddles.

It does acknowlege that it is for larger ponds "Aquaculture" as you
state our ponds ARE "aquaculture" on a smaller scale.

I did not have the time to sit and weed out the specific referances to
larger scale ponds.

I posted them for the "BASIC" information within, People want to know
about:how Ph, KH,GH, and the like affect their pond, about leaks in
their ponds, Aeromonas Bacterial Infections,
Columnaris Disease,Protozoan Parasites, Filter Types, ammonia cycles, etc.

BASICS, BASICS, BASICS, BASICS, BASICS.
Whether in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.
Ignore the specific references to larger ponds.

pH, CO2, GH, and KH still react the same.
But "Basic Chemistry" is "Basic Chemistry"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Nitrates, ammonia clay turbidity is tha same in a large or small pond
But "Basic Chemistry" is "Basic Chemistry"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Aeromonas Bacterial Infections
Columnaris Disease
But "Basic Diseases" is "Basic Diseases"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Protozoan Parasites
But "Basic Parasites" is "Basic Parasites"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Avian Predators
But "Avian Predators " Are "Avian Predators"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Filter Types and Waste Types
"Pressurized system" is a "Pressurized system"
"Biofilter" is a "Biofilter"
"FISH POO" is "FISH POO"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Calculating Area and Volume of ponds and tanks
But "Physics" is "physics"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Medicated Feed Terramycin and Romet-B
"Medications" are "Medications"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

Renovating Leaky Ponds
But "Leaks" are "leaks"
in a small or large pond or small or large fish loads.

"System Operation and Water Quality Management"
"Critical Overall Considerations"
"Pond Recirculating Production Systems"
are

chagoi wrote in message ...

*"Disclaimer"*
*This Information is to be taken with a grain of Salt, Alum, Potash, PP,
or Whatever.* ;-)
*I do not claim it to be the answer to all problems.*
*It is for Informational Purposes ONLY*
*Your mileage may vary dependant on your circumstances*

This information is based on much larger ponds than ours.
But "Basic Chemistry" is "Basic Chemistry" whether it is their big ponds
or our little puddles.

Fresh water Prawn as an Aquaculture Product Stella Ponds 0 29-09-2007 07:39 PM
BZT Aquaculture ? Pondmeister Ponds 0 16-05-2007 07:48 PM
BZT Aquaculture ? Bill C Ponds (moderated) 6 15-05-2007 02:27 AM
The Use of Salt in Aquaculture Benign Vanilla Ponds 64 22-02-2005 09:48 PM
Aquaculture tank combined with hydroponics bed DBB Gardening 0 04-01-2005 08:38 PM