Old 14-07-2004, 12:08 PM
Newbie Bill

Default air pump

It's no wonder the pond shops get twice the money for plug and go equipment.
Got your post (Thanxx) and I thought 'Perfect'. Short, sweet, to the point,
simple and most importantly - CHEAP. Go to Wal Mart this morn- there's a
20-60 gal air pump $10 - perfect. Wand air curtain - 8 or 12 inches -
Humming right along, I'll take the twelve. Attach 2? No KISS. Could it be?
A simple, quick 'home remedy'. Already the 2x4and saw, little green bucket,
couple little weights and ties, just need the tubing and we be jammin. Lets
see 8 ft or 25 ft. 25 ft $2.50 - the cheap skate is in heaven EXCEPT no
UV. None elsewhere either as far as I or employees could tell. Oh well, HD
and/or Lowes - see you soon. It's a good thing I dont figure in minimum
wage for my searching time or my addiction would sure be expensive
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
Go to Walmart and look in their aquarium section, purchase the biggest you
can afford and a wand type air curtain and something to weigh it down. A
package of UV resistant tubing (it is usually blue in color). ~ $20 total
depending on pump size?

Set pump on a piece of 2X4 and cover with a bucket and plug it in. )
~ jan

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 03:29:50 GMT, "Newbie Bill"
wrote:

I have decided to add a small air pump to my pond. This is I believe

simply
peace of mind insurance, so I want it to be cheap insurance. I could use
some suggestions about how small/cheap I can use and still be providing
benefit. I don't even know how air pumps are rated but will doubling the
output double the 'benefit'. The air stone? Round, big, 2 inch, foot

long,
small bubbles???? I have been unable to find hardly even any opinions

about
what to actually use, once I have opted for the air stone method. Well
Ingrid mentioned an absolutely, positively setup but much more than I

want
to spend.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 14-07-2004, 01:07 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

I probably should have mentioned that a lot of black drip tubing and
connections are the same size, at least the stuff my son uses. ~ jan

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:56:42 GMT, "Newbie Bill" wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old 15-07-2004, 12:04 AM
Newbie Bill

No minimum wage shopping today. I think I know what you are referring to,
but what department would it be in. You call it 'drip' - appliances,
plumping?
Thanxx
Bill