Old 18-07-2004, 06:02 AM
cat daddy

Default html for newsgroup

"Dsybok" wrote in message
ink.net...
Even if your send tab is set to plain text default, when replying to an

HTML
message Outlook will automatically set your text to HTML, you still have

manually change it to plain text.

ToolsOptionsSend tab and uncheck the box to reply in the format in
which it was sent.

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
Another computer literacy question. Using Outlook Express and going

through
usenet I just responded to a post. When 'sending' I got message

apparently
I had composed in html. This has never happened before. Did I

respond
an html post (Will Koi stop growing) and that was the default? How do

change/check to make sure I am just using text based messages?

Tools...Options...Send Tab. Choose Plain text as your default.

BV.

Old 18-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Dsybok

Yes their post was in HTML which is a newsgroup no no. I got the same
message when replying. All you need to do is to highlight your text and go
up to format and hit plain text and itll change your post to plain text. You
can simply reply in HTML which I think is the modern way of doing things,
but some people get all uppity if you dont use plain text.

Why. I dont know, doesnt everyone have a cable modem and new PC nowadays
anyway?

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
m...
Another computer literacy question. Using Outlook Express and going

through
usenet I just responded to a post. When 'sending' I got message

apparently
I had composed in html. This has never happened before. Did I respond to
an html post (Will Koi stop growing) and that was the default? How do I
change/check to make sure I am just using text based messages?
Thanxx
Bill Brister

Old 19-07-2004, 09:04 PM
Hal

On Sat, 17 Jul 2004 14:37:31 -0700, ~ jan JJsPond.us
wrote:

Now if I only had the money so I could do rec.ponds and
watch TV from a wireless laptop, like my son does his computer work...

You could buy a truck mirror replacement with a 1' bolt and drill a
1/4" hole through a 3/4" trim board on your computer desk and aim the
mirror at a TV behind you. I'm not a multi-tasking person, but I
don't have to get up or turn around when my wife wants me to see
smething on TV.

Regards,

Hal
Old 20-07-2004, 12:08 AM
PlainBill

No. And even if they do, it may not be available.

Case in point: My family went on vacation this past week. My wife
made the hotel reservations and made certain the hotel had dataports
in most rooms - even made sure we got one of those rooms. When I
hooked up my trusty 300 Mhz laptop I discovered their interpretation
of 'Dataport' was limited to 2400 baud. Yes, we complained.

PlainBill

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:01:25 GMT, "Dsybok"
wrote:

Yes their post was in HTML which is a newsgroup no no. I got the same
message when replying. All you need to do is to highlight your text and go
up to format and hit plain text and itll change your post to plain text. You
can simply reply in HTML which I think is the modern way of doing things,
but some people get all uppity if you dont use plain text.

Why. I dont know, doesnt everyone have a cable modem and new PC nowadays
anyway?

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
om...
Another computer literacy question. Using Outlook Express and going

through
usenet I just responded to a post. When 'sending' I got message

apparently
I had composed in html. This has never happened before. Did I respond to
an html post (Will Koi stop growing) and that was the default? How do I
change/check to make sure I am just using text based messages?
Thanxx
Bill Brister

He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression, for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
-Thomas Paine

Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
Dsybok

Even if your send tab is set to plain text default, when replying to an HTML
message Outlook will automatically set your text to HTML, you still have to

html for newsgroup Newbie Bill Ponds 7 26-07-2004 06:02 AM
[OT] html for newsgroup Gail Futoran Ponds 6 21-07-2004 05:08 AM
html for newsgroup Newbie Bill Ponds 1 21-07-2004 05:05 AM
HTML help K Barrett Orchids 13 25-02-2003 10:53 PM
HTML help K Barrett Orchids 1 24-02-2003 10:27 PM