Old 19-07-2004, 05:10 PM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Lily eggs?

You got aphids, squish don't spray off, that spreads them. The whitish ones
are aphids that have been eaten by something, perhaps that 2 section
critter. ~ jan

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 02:47:34 GMT, "Newbie Bill" wrote:

Periodically I have seen these small granule like things on some of my lily
pads. The look someone took some fine granulated dark brown sugar and
spinkled it on some of the pads. A portion seems to also be whiter, but I
have no idea if the granuales are going from brown to white or vice versa.
Splashing water will remove about half and the other half must be rubbed off
with lite pressure. Once I saw a very tiny light brown 2 section critter.
Small head, flattish but beetle like other section. Doubt that it flew. No
idea if this was a hatchling or just incidental bug. Any guesses, and if so
are they harmful?
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas